A world in color 🌈✨

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Under the jump:
🌟 haircut selfie dump... again :'D
🌟 K/DA progress! + lung update
🌟 Irozuku, the anime I'm currently watching that's already entered my eternal top faves T__T πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–


~ ✨ ~ ✨ ~

After knowing me for a period of time you may notice that my life is an unending cycle of:
> "Maybe I'll try cutting my own hair"
> "THIS WAS A HUGE MISTAKE"
> "Maybe I'll try cutting my hair again"

I'm ashamed to admit the amount of times I've had to desperately think of what I should say/how to lie/how to be the least embarrassing when presenting myself to a stylist or to grown-ups after having messed up my hair...... Despite how recent my shoulder-length cut was, it already started feeling long?


So I decided to challenge myself to cut off about two more inches~ I split my hair into 4 sections and I thought I did pretty well on.... 1 section LOL. The layering looked not bad! The back half was a mess though—I learned the hard way that cutting short/medium length hair is muuuuch more difficult than cutting long hair because I can't see it without a mirror haha. Eventually became too sleepy to continue and didn't have time over the next few days to finish the cut, so I went on for 5 days with mismatched hair.....

  

In the end, I threw in the towel and went to a surprisingly affordable salon to finish it. But since they had to fix my shitty layering job, my cut got even shorter 😨 Not used to it but I don't dislike it!! Also been kinda happy with how my bangs, which I've been cutting myself, have been turning out lately even if they're not entirely front bangs anymore QAQ They've come so far from being chaotic forehead tentacles, I'm proud!



~ ✨ ~ ✨ ~

This past weekend, I went to my second dance practice since my lung surgery! During my recovery period, my kpop dance friends went and learned the chorus to K/DA's POP/STARS without me—salty was I, the one who'd linked it to them, HMPH—so I requested a repeat lesson. DAMN. THIS DANCE IS HARD LOL. It's so fast!!!! The arms just!! They just do so many things!!! Chiisana and I both felt that this dance was the most tiring on our arms than all other dances we've learned so far. Holy moly, I'm gonna have to practice a ton for my eventual cosplay/vocal/dance cover video.

Oh my god that video is going to be so much work LOL. I was thinking to aim for completion by Anime Expo in July but......sewing the costume, recording the full song, mixing it, learning and practicing the dance, filming it, editing the video... also mixing and animating for Gemini projects, being in a chorus battle, maybe Youtaite React episode, recording for other collabs, now being tempted by another solo............I.. I don't know :'D........ I'm committed to at least having the cosplay ready for AX though; the rest I suppose would be a nice bonus.

My lung has been mostly alright—however a couple of days ago the heavy, rainy air pressure made it the tightest and most painful it had been for over a month ;; I was a hunchback for a day, but thankfully only a day. When my friend who had the same surgery told me that he was back to normal in 3 months, I initially thought that was a long time, but my 3 months passed by in a flash and I don't know when I'll be entirely recovered. Welp. I'm getting on a plane tomorrow (Red Velvet concertπŸ’“) so we'll see how that goes!!!! lolol


~ ✨ ~ ✨ ~

Months ago, my friend Lee casually recommended Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara (aka Iroduku: A World in Colors) to me as a good anime from last season, apparently without really much idea of what my aesthetic/thematic tastes are like. A week ago, I felt like auditioning a new anime and thought I might as well try out that one random show mentioned buried deep in my chat with Lee. Who woulda thunk that that anime would pretty much embody everything that I love............. I fell in love almost immediately and became afraid to like it too much for fear that it would betray my preferences, but it just keeps going in ways that have made it already shoot up to nearly the top of my heart. Q___Q Oh my god oh my god oh my god, I almost feel like this anime was made for me specifically???

Magic / mages / spells ✅
Photography ✅
Illustration ✅ (something I fell out of terribly but my childhood dream was actually to be a children's book author and illustrator! I've kept all of my drawings and they're very dear to my heart)
Pretty, soft colors ✅
Colors as a motif ✅
A magic shop ✅
Sparkly star sand!! reminds me of pixiedust ✅
Stars ✅
Colorful jars ✅
Thoughtful characterization and introspection ✅
Sweet and gentle romance ✅
Healthy, supportive friendships ✅
Wholesome friends doing wholesome things ✅


My handle "waterpixie" comes from when friends and I would play pretend as pixies when I was in 4th grade. My character Water Pixie's day job was working a potion shop called the Healing Dewdrop Leaf and I often pretended to make potions out of different containers, plastic jewels, and sand. ^^ This naturally evolved into a strong Winx Club fanatic phase, during which I roleplayed on forums and came up with countless poetic "spells". I wrote and illustrated books about the pixies and eventually I wanted to turn it into an animated series, and that helped give me a push towards pursuing video and film. ;u;

This anime just gives me incredible personal fulfillment—but even my childhood dreams and aesthetic preferences aside, I can attest that it's just a very well done show!!! Everyone I've talked to who has watched it has just wonderful things to say about it and all agree that it's criminally underrated. If not for Lee's casual mention, I probably would have never heard of it, and that simply would've been the Worst Timeline ! ! ! Apparently the promotion/exposure for it sucks because it's an Amazon Prime exclusive, but if you don't have that then you can actually find the episodes on youtube. ;D

Pretty frames from the opening πŸ’– 
I'm ✨ so  happy ✨ this series exists and I'm already heartbroken that it's going to end for me one day LOL. Help. What if I just spend the rest of my life rewatching this anime on loop? I feel really lucky that I found something that I love this much.

adsklfdfjdslkff Honestly I've been torn the past couple of days after realizing that I kind of want to cover the opening song. :( Time though?? Money for a custom instrumental since no official one exists??? And it would push back all of the things I still have to do for my K/DA cover... This anime means so much to me now that I'm terribly tempted to take the plunge regardless ;;; Also Fome mentioned that my doodles in my Shooting Star video remind him of a storybook—and this has sort of planted a seed in me that's sprouted into desire to pan out another animation that fully embraces a storybook style............ A lot of work but sounds fun, fuck... o<-<

Anyway, here are a couple more screencaps from Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara that I'd saved so far! 

Using pocky as a magic wand is so cute ;o;
❤️
πŸŒŸπŸ’«✨

4 comments:

  1. The K/DA dance looks like a pretty big mission. I hope that even if it's not by Anime Expo we all get to see it! How dare they start without you, but no matter how you look at it, it'll only be the best when it's with you.
    How has playing Kai'Sa been? I get the feeling she plays pretty aggressively with her ult diving in and running around like a madwoman. I'd love to play a match with you some time!

    Oh man, I watched the first episode of Iroduku a while back and it's breathtaking! I love scenes where the characters are immersed in colorful backgrounds and there are fish swimming around. I forgot to go back to episode 2, so thanks for reminding me to go back and watch it.
    My favorite worst-ever anime is Hand Shakers where I loved every concept they tried to put in there but also recognize that it wasn't a fantastic production. All the color choices, the music by re:Plus and Acro Jazz Laboratory, and a general view on different types of relationships clashing made it so I couldn't stop watching. A show that's so bad it's good, I guess?

    Those expressions in your mismatched hair selfies ( οΎŸΠ”οΎŸ) I LOVE THEM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been on League in a while actually haha but yeah her ult is aggressive as heck and honestly too risky for my playstyle since I prefer kiting...

      Yessss come back to watching Iroduku!!! Breathtaking is the perfect word for it! And ooooh I might check out Hand Shakers for fun then 8D

      TY TY~ (scowls)

      Delete
  2. Awww mann, this post too! \(★^∀^★)/
    I remember seeing you had an update especially with your haircut hehe
    And thanks to this here, I learnt about this amazing anime- so nicee ^^ and quite inspirational too!
    Oh yeah! I see from the thumbnail of one of your youtube videos that you seem to like the anime: fruit basket ^^, There's now a reboot of it.
    Edit: Oh nevermind, I double checked- it's the 10 years cover; Hahaha Anyhow, you should check it out?- it seems pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss you already know me so well; I'm watching the Fruits Basket reboot too!!!! Actually am working on covering the opening theme since I covered the original Furuba opening all those years ago. xD And glad you liked Irozuku! It's so pretty~

      Delete

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates