o/

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

It's been so long since I updated... 😭 I saw a few relics that reminded me of things that—at some point or another in time—were all that I could think about. They defined a mini era in my life! And I so wish I sat down and wrote words about them.


I think I tend to feel pressured to make sure those posts are comprehensive and covers everything on the topic with perfect, thoughtful expression..... In retrospect, I would have preferred having jotted something messy than nothing at all. Weirdly haven't been in the mood for writing anything long-form or serious lately ;o;


For the past 2+ months I've been living much more carefree and not spending much time on my productive hobbies or thinking too hard about anything I suppose haha. My work-life balance is much improved and I'm recovered from burnout! Having much more free time felt glorious and I fully enjoyed using it to play more games, make memories with friends, and spend my time in a more relaxed way that's not always motivated by deadlines. It's been a nice summer!


However I do hope I get bitten by the blogging bug sometime - I also enjoy having posts to look back on... So many thoughts and feelings I wish I could have the power of revisiting 🥲

5 comments:

  1. You have such a wonderful perspective on your life to be able to see the mini eras and know how far you've come. Everything changes, but we all strive to do better for ourselves. I'm glad you made this update; I was really worried you were too stressed or busy to be able to update, so imagine my relief to hear that work-life has been much better for you. Despite your concern that you want to make comprehensive posts, I think that you'll look back at this post down the line and remember the feelings you had when writing this. Just being able to see that you took a break and enjoyed life is super important too.
    But also yes, something messy over nothing at all ;o;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wehh was not expecting a reply considering I haven't been updating here regularly! Such a pleasant surprise anon ty ❤️ I'm so sorry for worrying you!!! Especially when in fact it was the very opposite! You're probably right, I do think that down the line I'll think back to the summer of 2021 with fondness; I really enjoyed how carefree and healing most of it was. Again thank you, anon, and I hope you're doing well!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for always finding time to reply! It's so sweet of you to do that.
      What games have you been playing? I know you mentioned MapleStory 2 a while ago but that's shut down now right?
      I've been doing well; there's sort of a better balance in my work life and family life now. There's a promotion incoming as well as new hires, so it should get easier soon. >o<

      Delete
    3. A REPLY IS THE VERY LEAST I COULD DO when you're out here while I rarely even update 😭.....

      I've been playing Genshin Impact and Tears of Themis! Aaah, Maplestory 2... Rest in peace to a sweet game that did its best ;o;

      I love that we've both been able to manage our work-life balance better! Really glad to hear you're getting help with the new hires—hopefully they're a good fit! My workplace is also shorthanded and trying to hire but it's been rough since we're also...too busy to properly do the onboarding stuff.... And waaa congrats on your promotion!!

      Delete
  2. What kinds of things were you nostalgia tripping over? I've randomly had brief nostalgia trips rediscovering old 2006 era internet memes like Okkusenman, Kumikyoku (the NND medley) and over 9000 LOL

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates