Goodbye Summer

Friday, November 22, 2013

The date is November 22nd.
We are a week and two days from the start of December.
Winter officially started yesterday.
My school semester ends in 2 and a half weeks.

It's really strange that every time the song "Goodbye Summer" by f(x) (featuring EXO's D.O) comes on in my car, there's still a pang of bitter melancholy at the bottom of my chest, and there's still a reluctance--or rather, refusal--to accept the end of summer. Because winter has already started and I'm still not ready to say goodbye to summer.
Wasn't it just yesterday when f(x)'s album came out and I thought the song was nice even though it brought a painful reminder that summer was about ending? So quickly we're here already; even the seasons have moved on without me, and I'm not even giving chase.

I think to me, those 4 months were my summer. That WAS my summer, and it was what made my summer special, exciting, and beautiful. And I'm still not ready to let summer go. But I will. Once I'm ready, I'll learn to embrace the other seasons too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates