Graduation/Fanime '15

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

FUCK. SUMMER STARTS /RIGHT NOW/.

Oh my god the past week has been insaaaaane.

It started last Wednesday when I went in to volunteer at the cable TV studio that I interned for this semester (they're also a community media center so after you get the right training, members can volunteer on productions).
I was operating one of the cameras on a TV studio taping........... and I FAINTED. LMAO. IT WAS HORRIFYING. I FELT SO BAD. But I also kind of laugh because of how pathetic I am and how horrible my luck is, and it's just so me to faint in the absolute worst case scenario.
The irony is that the show was about fitness and health LOL. So we've got all these trainers and health gurus talking on camera..... And aside from a weird headache I woke up with, I felt pretty fine? In fact, it all happened in the span of 5 minutes. Around the time the director called for 15 minutes to the end of the segment, I started feeling a bit dizzy and like I wanted to eat something, especially something sweet. (We suspect it was a blood sugar/pressure issue.) By the time the director called 10 minutes, I was like, "AGH OKAY I JUST HAVE TO ENDURE 10 MORE MINUTES THEN I CAN SIT DOWN." But then my vision started going blurry... I was seeing static and colors that weren't there, notably red... Everything started sounding bassy and I couldn't tell what anyone was saying anymore; it was a bit like the sensation of being hopelessly drunk. And then I was down :'D The floor director saw me losing control and caught me, and I faintly remember the people on set freaking out. The best part is that the director was shouting, "WHAT HAPPENED TO CAMERA 2!!" through my headset, so the first thing I did when I regained consciousness seconds later was get up and fix my camera framing LMAO. Still, I feel horrible for interrupting the taping and for worrying people sigh. That wasn't a good day at all.

Then Thursday was the biannual student short film festival at my school! ^^ I won an award a year ago, but this time wasn't able to participate in any of the films shown. Afterwards, I got to have fun hanging out and drinking with schoolmates for the first time! .......And last time as a student..... ;^; (Still yay! I guess better late than never!)

On Friday, I graduated from university. Q_______Q
Since I don't care much for festivities and conventions, I didn't buy a cap and gown because it's fucking expensive. $60 for some fabric I'm only going to wear for 4 hours and then never again, to take some low quality pictures for people I don't have much reason to be grateful to, to pretend to celebrate something I never got to feel like was a great or honored achievement anyway. Graduation wasn't a good day. Actually, I was pretty depressed and angry. Meh.

As it was our department-only convocation, every graduate had the chance to make a speech; and most of them went on long sentimental rambles that likely exceeded their 30 second limits. ..True to my nature—having been the only valedictorian in high school among 7 that did not give a speech—I made the shortest and least emotional "speech" out of the ~70 students that showed up LOL....


In the end, my parents borrowed at the last minute the gown of a family friend, that I slipped on afterwards to take some pictures haha.

On the bright side, Chiisana (who came back for the weekend) did my hair and make-up!

blessu stylist chiisana saves my life
glorious ugly university of perpetual construction work


On Saturday, I went to Fanime! Got to meet up with and hang out with frieenddsss~ We were at a milkshake place when they suddenly sprung THIS FREAKING VIDEO ("If You Can Dream" by GemiNYA) on me and I looooooost my shit LOL. That will get its own post though! God, I have a lot of posts to make still.

That night was the BACK-ON concert, which was awesome! They're the rare j-rock band that I actually really like whose music I've bought.. Tbh Chiisana and I weren't planning on getting Fanime badges until we found out BACK-ON was the musical guest xDD But yeah, they were great! Unfortunately I don't know how to appreciate instrumentalists but they seemed solid, and the vocalists had a crazy amount of endurance and energy. My favorite songs by them are: Nibun no Ichi and Departure, which were a ton of fun live!

We also went to Fanime on Sunday, but without badges.
I cosplayed UH.... my makeshift "maid version" of Kido Tsubomi from Kagerou Project (anime Mekakucity Actors) which basically was an excuse to wear pants and sneakers under a maid dress.

PC: Chiisana
With Myst, who bravely sang a solo during the Maid Cafe performances! It was great because we went over to congratulate Myst on the performance and took a pic together, and then people started showing up that wanted to take pictures with the both of us HAHA.

That night, I went over to sleep over at Myst's house where Kanso/Sean was staying for the weekend.

I've made countless posts on here and tumblr in which I'm bullying Kanso because he cosplays Kano Shuuya who Kido kind of.. violently abuses because he's a mischievous idiot. AND FINALLY Kanso gets his revenge this year as he was Policeman Rin and I a weeaboo civilian :c

AX 2013
This is a better picture to show all the abuse lol, but I wanted to post this one because we took it literally minutes after the very first time we met! When we bumped into each other at the Artist Alley at AX! And now we're real friends and stuff and that's cooool ;A; except for, y'know, when he arrests me.

Fanime 2015
Then Monday, we briefly went back to the con to meet up with people and I spent the day hanging out with friends and got some really good ramen and dessert ;u;

Tuesday, I tried some "deep fried pho" (surprisingly yummy~) and went to the mall with some of the schoolmates I drank with after the film fest. ^^ Yaaay friends!!!! Better late than never yay!! Afterwards, I joined the Valkyrie Kiss (Dibur's band) members, Yano, and Fome for VK's bassist Tik's birthday.

AND TODAY. I had my first real job interview. OHMYGAH. See, I've only ever had one interview before and it was the internship one. One of my coolest professors, who's for some reason super generous to me, referred me to a part time position for a creative content company. IT WAS SO NERVE-WRACKING. I'm naturally awkward, but I guess I have no regrets since I did my best! Q^Q YAY I FEEL LIKE SO MUCH IS OFF MY SHOULDERS NOW. I feel reneeewwweeddddd.

YAY I'M GLAD IT'S OVER AND I DID IT.

Finally I can rest a little. Maybe. Idk. I have a lot to catch up on.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates