Fresh Alum

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

I work on First Street.
It's been a few months, but it's not unfamiliar.
For four years, I went to school on Fourth Street.
And my parking garage is on Third.
Today's walk felt somehow different.
Were all these people always here?
Everywhere, backpacks and bright eyes,
Sprawling coffee shops and school pride.
My backpack now carries no books,
And my back only financial pressure.
I do carry a lunch pail though,
For the one break within the long day.
And it's a strange feeling.
Because I had a backpack too for 17 years.
But they started school without me.
Fucking identity crisis.



#notquitepoetrybut

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates