[Review] Secret Key Haul First Impressions

Monday, April 11, 2016

YOOOOO I haven't done a post like this in a long time! Because I'm a sucker for anything related to Lovelyz, I went and ordered a mini haul from skincare/make-up brand Secret Key—which has blessed us with one of Lovelyz' first commercials, below. FUCK YEAH I'M SO HAPPY FOR THEM ;U;



These are the things I ordered!

Honestly I only really wanted the lip tint because I'm a sucker for pretty lip products, but HEY MAN, FREE SHIPPING OVER $49 hahahahahaha..ha.. It turned out fine since I'll need a toner replacement soon, and my liquid eyeliners and mascara have long dried up .... :'D
ALSO some really nice deals happening on Secret Key!! All in all, I only paid $41.23 for a $75.43 value order. And still got free shipping! The Lovelyz coupon gave me 20% off, but the current one is "10% off + 10% mileage plus" until April 17th.

Not to mention the lip tints and eyeliner were part of an amazing 1 + 1 deal, which is still going!
Actually, I'm missing the brown eyeliner that I ordered so I'll see how customer service handles that.

But I ain't even mad because WOW I didn't expect all of these extra free gifts?!

  • Nature Recipe Mask Pack - Aloe
  • Chubby Sweets Lip Scrub
  • UV CUT High Protection Sun Cream
  • 24K Gold Premium First Essence x 2

Is someone in trouble for packing my order wrong or is Secret Key just insanely generous? The sun cream and lip scrub aren't even sample size!! Maybe it's because they know I'm a lovelinus. ^^

Straight up, the most interesting things I got in this package were:
1) the SYN-AKE toner which is supposedly synthetic snake venom which supposedly reduces wrinkles, and
2) the free 24K essence which seems to... actually have little gold flakes floating in it..... Has gold always been good for the skin, or is this just a really expensive gimmick?


I'll be doing a first impression review on the lip tint and eye liner under the cut. :> Warning: I don't know shit about make-up and there are many waaaay-too-close-up pictures of my face.


For the Flower Drop Tint Lip Powder, I got Jisoo red! ^^ The pink one may go to someone else.

Interestingly, this lip tint is a powder—the first of its kind I've ever heard of. (I'm assuming from this image that you put water on your lips, then apply tint.)
So a couple of downsides right off the bat:
  • a bit messy, and LOTS OF POTENTIAL FOR SHIT TO GO DOWN. I am so scared I will knock this over. The name "Flower Drop" sounds like a bad omen.
  • makes me really want powdered candy like wtf what do u mean i can't eat this??

So starting with a clean slate, this is me with nothing on my face but moisturizer.
I'm a lazy ass person so I don't usually wear make-up, but I always put on lip color because my lips are naturally [a sickly shade of] pale. And even still, I'm lazy with that—I like to just dab some color on, smack my lips a dozen times, sometimes don't even look in the mirror, and go. (Yes I've actually found things that work like that XD)

So in the efficiency department, I'm not impressed with this lip tint.
It doesn't spread nicely by itself, so it looks patchy no matter how I smack my lips.

I've also discovered that the only purpose of the attached applicator is to fish powder out of the bottle, and that's it.... Definitely have to use your finger or a brush to blend and make it look decent. (sob that's extra work LOL)

This is with a pretty small amount of powder! It's the natural color comparable to what I wear everyday.

One big plus is how much product you get in that tiny little bottle, since it's compressed powder and you only need a little for a good amount of color. I'LL PROBABLY NEVER RUN OUT, EVER.

Now stronger and an attempt at "gradient"/just bitten/popsicle lips/whatever they call it! Color is nice, but it's also not quite red.
I don't know if it's because I have dry lips, but I couldn't get it to not look patchy? Also this took a lot more time than I thought it would LOL! Maybe I just have to practice~

Unfortunately, with some effort or water, it rubs off rather easily.
(Edit: I wore a subtle gradient and didn't eat/drink/touch my lips for half an hour. Only the strongest parts lasted, but it lasted for a whole 12 hours..!! But since it was only certain parts, it looked patchy and kind of bad. But now we know, it can persist if you let it settle~)

Verdict: It's not something I'd use a lot. But damn, 1 + 1 deal at $11.32 for a [maybe] lifetime supply is good. No regrets. Do it if you want to try interesting products!



The Skinny Real Quick Eye Liner has some good online reviews—and it's cheap! 1 + 1 deal at $10.29 compared to the $17 K-palette I used to get.

Excuse my crap handwriting. Picture on the right is after a hard rub with a dry paper towel. (Just ignore the other swash lol)

Goes on smoothly and generally doesn't smudge! So far I like it.

I realize I should have let it settle for longer before doing this, but it was dry to touch so I assumed it was okay? EXCUSE MY CRAP EXCUSE OF AN EYELINER JOB HAHA.

The wing was rubbed off wet (because I always tear up when putting on eyeliner o<-< sigh) and only smudged a bit. Guess it washes off easily?
Middle part was rubbed dry and pretty hard. It resisted well at first, and didn't smudge!



If anyone actually made it through, thanks for reading~
Not bad first impressions—and totally worth the money, so I'm pretty happy. :>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates