Monday, January 23, 2017

Holy SHIT THE AMOUNT OF CRAY CRAY THAT HAPPENED TODAY. So I'm on a business trip right now as the assistant/runner for support staff that are producing presentations/keynotes at a conference. My coworker and I are sharing the responsibility of running around everywhere making footage and hard drive retrievals and deliveries, but we've also picked up a ton of other tasks like food deliveries and coordinating print outs and signs and just.. so many things. We were constantly running from end to end of the huge convention center, to separate hotels, all around downtown...

Today was just a lovely pattern of setback after setback, misunderstandings, nonresponsive people, tooooonssssssss of walking, SO many ridiculous last minute requests that should not be my job, something coming up every time I think I'm done with work, JUST. EVERYTHING GOING WRONG IF IT CAN. SCREAMS.

And the cherry on top.... I was about to leave the convention center today--it was kind of late so I was hoping the catch rhe tail end of crew dinner—when my boss asks if I'm still there and if I can go talk to the on-site medical office because....my coworker whom I've been running around with .. is having a medical emergency. And god I feel so bad for her. Our jobs have been tough the past two days. We spent the next 3 hours of our lives revolved around that medical office..... Of course, I was doing work the whole time because more stuff came up orz This is insanity. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates