2017 New Year's Resolutions Review

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Hoo boy, this year LOL. We're finally at the end of it.

It's strange because I have lots of moments when I feel like I'm being stagnant, but when I think back to the beginning of 2017, it........ feels like it was 2-3 years ago? SO MUCH happened this year. In hindsight, I grew a tremendous amount, took huge leaps in accomplishments, and have been steadily improving my skills and confidence. In October 2016, there were some things about which my bosses said, "I can imagine Eva doing ___ someday!" that became real by May this year. So that's pretty awesome!!

Emotionally and socially, I feel like I struggled more this year than in the past few years. I don't really know why. Also, this year I started being explicitly open about depression and thoughts related to death for the first time, so that is a step! I think it will be upwards from here. ;v;

1. Be happier. :)
2018~

2. Be more aware of my health!
I.. think I am! Actually I don't know LOL. I was more exhausted this year than usual.

3. Try to be more consistent with my sleep cycle.
Okay, I was not consistent at all, but let me tell you at least that in the past few months, I've been putting a lot of effort into sleeping earlier so YAY ME

4. Resist oversleeping!! I have no faith tbh but !!!
Aaaahhh have faith for 2018

5. Start exercising.....somehow
I had phases of exercise LOL and I started only taking the stairs instead of the elevator at work? It's something.

6. Do more kind things for strangers. 
I was definitely kind to strangers. ^^

7. Continue the pursuit of my philosophy that if you have something nice to say about someone, you should tell them ;v;
I do try!! I feel like this year I've called girls cute more than ever LOL

8. Donate more money!
There were lots of tragedies this year ;____; I donated more than ever.

9. ...Save more money.
Actually I threw down a shitload of money so that I could be done with my student loans, but IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, I am saving money by eliminating future interest ;D

10. I barely bought any clothes in 2016 even though I keep saying I want things.. I should finally just go after the things I want *^*
Gurl I got you, I got some better clothes this year LOL.

11. NO MORE DEATH WORK PROJECTS (i just suffered for weeks doing a ton of overtime for a big messy project for work and tbh idk how to prevent this from happening again other than definitely blacklisting that terrible hell-raising idiot client)
Dude I was scared about this as well. That client didn't come back hooray!!!!!!

12. Try to be less salty lol
The times I've introduced myself as 'saltwaterpixieva' this year

13. Speak my mind more. 
I do! I've been told that I improved a lot at being proactive and I definitely get less nervous now. ^^

14. Speak in general more.....
Uhhhh honestly this is something I got really bad at heh

15. Be more confident in myself!!!!
I am, thank you!!!!

16. Daily dedication to my skin routine :'D
You got it dude.

17. Be less afraid/embarrassed in public.
Huge improvements here!!

18. Do....something kinda crazy/out of the ordinary. I'm so boring tbh o<-<
Do.....something crazy........hm.........I can't remember but I feel there's been a lot of crazy this year LOL.
In recent YOLO actions, Chiisana, Fome, and I found out about a tremendously good Black Friday deal for plane tickets to Japan—and within a couple of hours, decided to go for it.

19. Fight the smartphone addiction...
I still have ways to go, but I've stopped checking my phone at stoplights and looking at it while walking lol...

20. Do a mix for a collab/chorus that I can be proud of and satisfied with. 
I've been told that my mix for Gemini's Innocent x Haven is my best so far, but not sure if I'm personally satisfied with it?

21. Try to sing at karaoke!!!!
i...it'shard

22. Broaden my [sad] upper singing range. 
This year.. maybe not? I wasn't too active with singing D:

23. Stay active as a singer/mixer..
Ye I'm still doing it.

24. ..WITHOUT KILLING MYSELF
I regret how much I wrecked myself and how much stress I was crushed under. I won't be allowing this to happen again for a while.

25. Maybe I'll try writing raps or lyrics again. 
Hmmmm I don't think I wrote anything this year.

26. Improve my Japanese pronunciation orz
Did..it....improve..? I want to say at least I became more aware that my pronunciation is bad LOL.

27. Learn more Korean ㅋㅋㅋ
Hmm I can watch some shows and understand most things?

28. Practice speaking Mandarin sometimes.
Literally the only times I speak Mandarin are when I ironically tell people in Mandarin that I cannot speak Mandarin.

29. I have no faith in improving my French ;A; I just want to retain what little I remember..
aaaaaa non.... zut

30. There are a handful of collabs I've been wanting to pick up and complete. Let's do that!! Make this the year of revivals ^^
Sorry, I was focusing on other things....

31. Start learning to cook. 
Uhhhhh I made about 0.5 of a baby step!

32. Stop being late to...literally everything..
i...i will be doing my best in 2018

33. Don't be extra insecure on days when my skin is problematic ;;
My skin became reaallyyy bad this year so ;;;; I couldn't do this

34. Be more optimistic!!!
Sometimes is better than no times!

35. Buy long coats that werk my height. And flaunt it. Trick em into thinking you like being tall. 
FUCK YEAH I DID THAT and also yay I don't entirely mind being tall anymore!

36. Give more gifts. 
It's been hard. I treated people to food sometimes?

37. Somehow get back into k-dramaland..?
I watched Goblin, didn't finish it, and that's about it LOL. The dramas of the past 2 years just haven't been as interesting to me.

38. Try new things. 
Can't think of anything in particular but I think I did good on this!

39. Travel!
Yay I travelled!!!! To Washington DC twice, San Diego, LA, and Dallas for business trips. Also went to Chicago for the first time to visit Fome's family ^^

40. Go to AX as always and make sure everyone has a safe and fun experience ;u;
I did go to AX!

41. Be a good role model. 
Honestly not sure if I was someone this year that people should look up to ;o; I guess in terms of professional and adult accomplishments perhaps?

42. LET'S ACTUALLY NOT KILL MYSELF OVER COSPLAY THIS YEAR THANKS. 
YEAH I didn't make a cosplay at all.

43. Do the impulsive things you want to do!! (that don't require suffering)
I definitely have a more "fuck it" / "you know what, sure" personality these days HAHAHAHA.

44. .....finally post about my Chuchu and Mikumo cosplays. 
I posted about Mikumo!!!! /o/

45. Okay let's try yet again... abs?
hey look at that, that kinda sorta looks like abs


46. Improve at After Effects........ maybe... maaaybe attempt a simple animation..
YA GURL ANIMATES WITH AFTER EFFECTS NOW. It's not really youtaite standards level but I think it still matters. Hoping to release the collab of the full song I animated soon!

47. Challenge myself to belt more in singing. 
I kind of practice at times, but I'm not sure I had any breakthroughs.

48. Learn and practice some dances...
I..I started learning a Lovelyz dance but I'm not great at it :'D

49. Try to remember that I own perfume..!
Oh my god you're right

50. Spend enough time hanging out with friends ;v;
I have hung out with friends a lottttt this year!

51. Always make time to just. rest. 
Kind of struggle with this still.

52. Figure out my DLSR plans and save money....
Q____Q I BOUGHT MY FIRST DSLR!!!! Past Eva would be so happy to know that I ended up finding a good, kinda affordable'ish, very pretty white DSLR. I got it in October, and since then I've already had to challenge myself a lot in doing projects as videographer! And one kind of as photographer. I really never imagined that I would suddenly gain this much videography experience ;o;

53. Speak in mostly Cantonese to my parents. 
I was kinda 60% Cantonese HAHAHA

54. Be more patient. 
I can't wait to improve at this, haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

55. Let's not be problematic. 
I spoke up more than ever, but I do not believe I'm problematic. :>

56. If any problems do arise, talk them out responsibly!
I've definitely stuck to my guns about this!

57. Put up some of my sad, lonely posters in my room..
HUNNY LOOK AT YOUR ROOM NOW (technically I only put up one more poster but I'm satisfied with this wall as it is)\

58. Don't let yourself be taken advantage of in any way. 
I'm standing up for myself more and more.

59. Fight for what you believe in!
Trying!

60. Watch at least one anime series tbh.....
I uh....haven't finished anything, but I've been watching Love Live Sunshine Season 2 and The Ancient Magus Bride. OH WAITTTT for a while, I was really into Tsuki ga Kirei!!!! but I also haven't finished it.

61. Tell more people about my online hobbies and don't be so embarrassed ;;
This year, I showed my animation for my to-be-released collab to my bosses, which was their first glimpse into the shit I do.... And then I also showed them Gemini's Innocent x Haven............ but I'm super embarrassed.

62. Keep growing as a young professional with a career ahead *^*)9
Awwww ;A; I absolutely am!

63. Watch murkkan movies other than Marvel and Disney.
...Other than Marv-- HEY I watched Star Wars the Last Jedi! And Wonder Woman which is not Marvel ;D

64. Shoot and upload at least one new vlog!
Uuuu I technically didn't vlog, but I have 2 new videos on my vlog channel! I did a livestream for the very first time ;u; very nerveracking.

65. At least two new solo covers?
I ended up doing other things ;;;

66. Do some spontaneous short covers!
Ah, that's something I kind of miss doing.

67. Start practicing so that I can sing a melody even when someone else is singing harmony, without getting messed up orzorzzzzz
adslfkjsf I'm very not capable of this yet

68. Meet up with more online friends I've never met before. ;u;
I met a toooonnnnn of people at this year's AX! And NYA (Norcal Youtaite Alliance) has grown exponentially haha.

69. Drink a lottttt of water. 
I drink a lot but I will drink more 8D

70. Do a better job at maintaining my hair than I did this year. (For reference, I didn't condition enough so it got kinda dry and tangly..)
Oooooh, in comparison to last year, my hair is much better HAHA. I forgot that it went through a bad tangly period... It's a little dry, but it's fine.

71. Always keep my skin properly moisturized even if I'm busy or feeling lazy to get up. 
I do moisturize a lot, but sometimes it's just hard to peel myself away from what I'm engaged in or if I'm lying down...

72. I'm starting to think about organizing a new k-pop collab..... Let's get it done within this year?
orzzzzzz it's at its 95% done point.

73. Conquer some of my fears. (FYI to next year's Eva... A few days ago, we had a 2-day-long blackout and I stayed at home by myself in total darkness while parents were at a motel, so hey I'm off to a good start!)
Hey nice! I can't remember specifics, but lots of crazy sure happened this year.

74. Don't let stress get to your head as much. 
Next year!

75. Always believe in yourself!
It will happen!

76. Keep my bedroom tidy. 
It's not thaaaat bad

77. Unpack luggage within a week of returning from any travels..
LET ME TELL YOU. There was one trip where I unpacked within an hour of arriving home. WHO AM I!!!!!!

78. ........Maybe let's get a mattress this year. 
I.... I will try to go mattress shopping sometime.

79. Buy and wear more casual dresses. 
I think I started getting some more dresses after it was too cold to wear them ;o;

80. Find that Perfect Lip Product. 
Not sure that it's perfect, but I love the Peripera Ink Airy Velvet lip tint!
Also Nooni Apple Water Moisturizing Lip Oil is doing wonders for my very very flaky, dry lips! QuQ

81. Let's finally learn how to properly use eyeshadow haha. 
is...is eyeshadow what you call the back side of your eyeballs..........

82. Figure out a bb cream/foundation solution for my disgustingly flaky skin. 
I never bought a new bb cream BUT I GOT A PRIMER THAt'S FOR DRY SKIN and that made a huuuge difference!

83. Eat fruit everyday.
Been working on this lately ye.

84. Oh my god I'm struggling hard uhhh uhhhhhh.... Learn to use more plugins. 
??? I only remember getting one new plugin this year oh my god

85. And now I'm referencing old resolutions LOL. Improve endurance and one-shotting!
I may be improving slightly!

86. Make it a habit to take off my glasses when I don't need them.
Ah I still need to do this.

87. Time management!!!
I don't understand!!!

88. LET'S FINALLY RELEASE THE DUET WITH CHIISA FROM FOREVER AGO.
WE'RE WAITING FOR IT TO BE ANIMATED.....

89. Floss more often!!!
I-I WILL

90. Always try to be grateful. ^^
Thank you, I will try

91. Take more morning showers instead of night. 
I have been doing this!

92. Be less afraid to be at the center pf attention.
I think I've improved greatly in this area ^^ I don't get as nervous anymore.

93. Be less intimidated by phone calls..
On Christmas Eve, I made phone calls to a handful of boba shops to see if they were open LOL. In general, I've been braver about making phone calls..

94. Improve at adult business socializing.....
Aah I haven't done as well as the past year or two, I think..

95. Always remember that you're precious. (kino said so)
Thank you Kino ;^; I forget more than I'd like to admit, as an avid Kinoist.

96. Live more lightheartedly~
Lighthearted........ It's been a pretty heavyhearted year.

97. Let things go instead of regretting.
I would love to learn this.

98. Be a good supporter of the k-pop artists you love!! (Current favorites are Lovelyz, Pentagon, Super Junior.. whoever else may enter your heart <3)
uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
how do I tell you this
You adopted 38 new k-pop sons this year. Congratulations.

99. BE THE BEST EVA YOU CAN BE
?????? LET'S JUST SAY I WAS

100. I think this has been #100 since 2009..... World domination? I'm just embarrassing.
predictable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates