🌸 Eva's Skincare Masterpost 🌸

Monday, April 9, 2018

[Updated Jul 30, 2023]

Hi there!! I put this together for me to remember not to repeat mistakes, but decided to publish in case anybody's looking for [mostly Korean] skincare recommendations. This is yeaaars upon years of trying stuff haha. My skin goes through a lot of product, so I'll try to keep this post updated! I'd love recommendations so please feel free to share via commenting or tweet/DM or whatnot, and also if you'd like more details on anything in particular. :D


About my skin:
TL;DR: Products that work for me are likely extremely hydrating and gentle. I can't speak for acne.

Long version lolol: I have chronic dry skin, premature wrinkles, sensitive irritable skin, eczema (mostly subsided), and occasional red patchiness—although I've never had acne as my face doesn't seem to produce oil. If I fall asleep without more than a layer of cream, I will wake up looking like the floor of a crackly dry desert. My skin is still problematic, but skincare basically keeps me afloat~ My smile lines have been reduced a lot and admittedly I now have baby ass soft cheeks LOLOL

How I judge effectiveness depends on 1) if I can wake up without a dry face—even better if it's supple, smooth, glowing, 2) if it can reduce the frequency at which I must re-moisturize during the day—typically every few hours CRIES, and 3) if it stings or causes irritation.


Organized in chronological skin routine order......
[generally: cleanser - toner - essence - serum/ampoule - cream - eye cream - sleeping pack / sunscreen]

Bold = fixed part of my daily routine that I repurchase
* = I've only tried it once or in sample size


🌸 AMAZING LEGENDARY EXTRAORDINARY: 

  • Pond's Cold Cream Cleanser
  • Cosrx - Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
  • Goodal - Moisture Barrier Rich Mist (makes my skin so soft!)
  • Klairs - Midnight Blue Calming Cream (my face hasn't majorly acted up since I started using this a few months ago)
  • L'Occitane - Ultra-Rich 25% Shea Butter Face Cream for Dry to Very Dry Skin (THE HOLY GRAIL FOR DRYNESS)
  • L'oreal Paris - Collagen Moisture Filler
  • Cetaphil - Moisturizing Cream (i think i'd drop and perish without it)
  • Tonymoly - Aquaporin Rich Cream (when on top of another moisturizer, it makes my skin feel and look healthy and is a great primer! not hydrating enough by itself)
  • Le Mieux - 24 Hr. Age Defying Cream ($$)
  • Nooni - Water Blending Lip Oil (bonus: aromatherapeutic)
  • Laneige - Water Sleeping Pack
  • Mizon - Snail Wrinkle Care Sleeping Pack

🌸 Yeessss:
  • I'm Meme - I'm Cleansing Oil #01 Moist Oil for Dry Skin
  • Tonymoly - The Chok Chok Green Tea No-wash Cleansing Water
  • Klairs - Supple Preparation Facial Toner (gr8 at cleansing! I have to use at least 3 layers for hydration tho)
  • Etude House - Moistfull Collagen Skin (Toner) (the first toner I ever used and within 2 weeks, I was told my complexion improved ^^)
  • Hada Labo - Rohto Hadalabo Gokujun Hyaluronic Lotion Moist (Toner)
  • Banila Co - Dear Hydration Toner
  • Kairei - Natural Orange Roughy Oil
  • Nacific - Fresh Herb Origin Serum
  • Scinic - Hyaluronic Acid Ampoule 95
  • Uluka - Intensive Moisturizing Essence 921
  • Iope - Bio Hydro Cream (great for priming before makeup)
  • Curél - Intensive Moisture Facial Cream
  • Missha - Immortal Youth Cream (tip: gotta use a lot and pat it in)
  • Scinic - Pig Collagen Jelly Cream
  • Pure Biology - Total Eye Cream Serum
  • Nooni - Water Blending Lip Mask (bonus: aromatherapeutic)
  • Goodal - Anti-Wrinkle Sleep Cream Pack
  • E Nature - Birch Juice Hydro Sleeping Pack
  • club - Suppin Gel Night Pack
  • Missha - Mild Essence Sun Milk SPF 50/PA+++

🌸 Works fine I think but nothing special:
  • Neogen - Real Fresh Green Tea Cleansing Stick
  • Skin Food - Wild Berry Milk Cleansing Foam
  • Benton - Aloe BHA Skin Toner
  • Son & Park - Beauty Water (Toner)
  • good (skin) days - Prime Time Cleansing Toner
  • L'herboflore - Aqua Plus Moisturizing Toner (not worth the $$)
  • Hanskin - Hyaluron Skin Essence
  • Missha - First Treatment Essence Mist
  • Goodal - Water Oil Firming Camellia (feels like an essence?)
  • Olivarrier - Fluid Oil 100% Squalane
  • Hanskin - Bio Origin the Ampoule Serum
  • I'm From - Ginseng Serum
  • Eva Naturals - Skin Clearing Serum Vitamin C+
  • L'Occitane - Immortelle Reset Nuit Huile-en-Serum
  • Vichy - Liftactiv Supreme Hyaluronic Acid Serum
  • Missha - Time Revolution Night Repair New Science Activator Ampoule
  • Cosrx - Oil-Free Ultra Moisturizing Lotion with Birch Sap
  • The History of Whoo - Jinyul Cream
  • Cosrx - Hyaluronic Acid Intensive Cream (I use it as an indoor moisturizer; too shiny for going out)
  • Kracie - Hadabisei Wrinkle Care Facial Cream
  • Etude House - Moistfull Collagen Eye Cream
  • Erborian - Ginseng Infusion Total Eye Cream
  • LilyAna Naturals - Rosehip & Hibiscus Eye Cream
  • Acwell - Licorice pH Balancing Intensive Eye Cream

🌸 Seems fine; not sure for long term:
  • Neogen - Real Ferment Micro Essence *
  • Innisfree - Intensive Hydrating Serum w/ green tea seed *
  • The Plant Base - Time Stop Collagen Ampoule
  • Innisfree - Youth-Enriched Gel Cream with Orchid *
  • Missha - Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream *
  • Tonymoly - Intense Care Gold 24K Snail Cream *
  • Origins - Ginzing Energy-Boosting Gel Moisturizer *

🌸 Meh:
  • Benton - Snail Bee High Content Skin (Toner)
  • Secret Key - Syn-ake Anti Wrinkle & Brightening Toner
  • The History of Whoo - Jinyul Balancer (Toner)
  • Mamonde - Rose Hydrating Beauty Water (Toner) *
  • Missha - First Treatment Essence Intensive (there are many glowing reviews which must be for a reason... but it may not be for sensitive skin because it really stings on off days :c do some research first!)
  • Secret Key - Starting Treatment Aura Mist (strong fragrance warning)
  • Neogen - Code 9 Gold Black Caviar Essence & Gold Tox Tightening Pack Kit
  • Eve Hansen - Revitalizing Anti-Aging Serum Set
  • The History of Whoo - Jinyul Lotion
  • Cetaphil - Daily Hydrating Lotion
  • I'm From - Honey Cream
  • Hanskin - Bio Origin the Cream (strong fragrance warning)
  • A.H.C. - The Real Eye Cream for Face
  • Cosrx - Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask

🌸 Nooooooooo:
  • IOSIS - Sensitive Skin Antidust Foam Cleanser *
  • Su:m37 - Water-full Skin Refresher/Toner *
  • Bonvivant - Botanical Pure Rose Toner *
  • Secret Key - 24k Gold Premium First Essence *
  • Estee Lauder - ReNutriv Softening Lotion *
  • Equate - Moisturizing Cream (IT LOOKS JUST LIKE CETAPHIL BUT ITS A LIE)
  • Nature Republic - Fresh Green Tea 80 Cream (almost makes my skin feel drier, sticky, and extremely fragrant)
  • Estee Lauder - ReNutriv Eye Cream *
  • Neutrogena - Deep Moisture Night Cream

Indicates that I've only tried it once or in sample size.


~✨~✨~

Things I'm interested in trying:
  • Nooni - Spring Water Seed Essence Toner
  • Sulwhasoo - Capsulized Ginseng Fortifying Serum
  • The Plant Base - Time Stop Mushroom Collagen Ampoule
  • SanDaWha - Ultra Rich Hydrating Camellia Floral Water Cream
  • Easydew EX - Repair Control Renewal Moisture
  • Mizon - All in One Snail Repair Cream
  • 40 Carrots - Retinol Rich Facial Moisture Splurge
Would love recommendations for!!:
  • Eye cream
  • A daytime convenient & hydrating cream

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates