Shabondama 🧼🎸

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

A few weeks ago this collab with a bunch of friends came out!! It's of "Shabondama" by Morning Musume and I go way, way, way back with both this song and most of the others in the singing cast! Cinna (WHAT A TALENTED PERSON) I met recently in the group chat for this collaboration but Aerin, k, chiisana, and Samu I've known for years and years—we spent our youths covering Hello!Project songs!

"Shabondama" is an iconic track that I participated in covers of way back when I was a wee middle schooler and to this day often comes up in karaoke sessions when there are H!P fans present. Such a fun, angry, sassy, energetic song. And then Cinna did a rock arrange remix of it and cranked it up to 11 🔥🔥🔥 The instrumental and mix are incredible!

The video is so, so cool. The stylization of both the illustrations and the motion graphics work perfectly — and it's vibrant and badass and artful. Bless Jerry and Hibi's talents, and also Aerin for bringing together such a strong team :>

Personally I gotta confess I'm not happy with my singing in this, but that how it be... I just kinda zone out every time my solos come around haha..... I recorded it at a time when I was struggling with my recording circumstances and barely squeezed it in. At that point we were also working with a placeholder instrumental so I feel like I didn't bring enough aggression and drama to match Cinna's amazing remix and the others' powerful vocals T__T There's no point in regretting too much though, since I've been on vocal rest/recovery and wouldn't have been able to rerecord anyway. At least there's plenty of other aspects to enjoy 💕

(Edit: For some reason the embed is broken... youtube pls- it is linked below!)

Cover Credits~ ⬇️

【ILLUSTRATION】 ✦jeminix2 - https://twitter.com/jeminix2 (waitlist open!) 【ANIMATION】 ✦日々Hibi - https://twitter.com/Hibi_miira (waitlist open!) 【INSTRUMENTAL】 ✦Cinna - https://twitter.com/Cinnabunsu (commissions open!) ✦Nate - https://twitter.com/ephemeralduet (commissions open!) 【MIX】 ✦Cinna - @Cinnabuns 【VOCALS】 *in order of appearance ✦aerin - here! ✦chiisana - @chiisana ✦eva - @waterpixieva ✦k - @MurasagiYT ✦Cinna - @Cinnabuns ✦samu - @xoSukiChan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates