Happiness

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

NEVER. Never would I have ever expected to like exercising. What the hell?!

There was doing ab workouts for the sake of cosplay, and then everything got kicked up a notch in the past few weeks. Some friends and I have started to do sort of a "challenge" where we set ourselves a weekly goal of hours to exercise and then document our daily exercise times. At the end of the week, if you fail to reach your goal, you gotta pay up whatever amount you set for yourself. (For me, I put $1 per every half hour I'm under the goal.) And this money goes towards our hotel funds for next year's AX!

It's super effective because I have actually been exercising everyday :D! And trying new things~ I'm doing harder workouts, did a mile on a track for the first time in 5 years, have a weekly(?) 2-mile walk around a lake with friends, took a walk around and explored my neighborhood for the first time after I ate dinner yesterday. This is all a huuuuuuge feat to me considering that 1) I used to think the kitchen was too far, 2) I haven't really properly exercised since PE five years ago, 3) I used to be afraid of going outside, and 4) I still kind of dislike being seen in public.

But the right source of motivation is a strong factor. NYA is going to the beach in a week and a half. And I do like my body currently looking more fit than it used to. ^^



In other news, my jam right now is Red Velvet's "Happiness," just freshly debuted from SM. The song didn't capture me on first.. or second.. or third listen, but fuuuu I had to go buy the single off iTunes as soon as it came out LOL. The song's about how we can be happy if we stopped caring about the things that have corrupted adults: money and power; so they've already won brownie points with me for the message. I didn't really pay attention to SMROOKIES so I'm only getting to know these 4 lovely ladies now, but WOW ARE THEY TALENTED AND GORGEOUS AND ADORABLE and and and. help I really like Red Velvet.

This performance really helped to win me over ;A; They're singing live (!! f'reals, proof in the MR removed vids) and sound GOOD. WHILE DANCING WELL. AND LOOKING ENERGETIC AND GENUINELY HAPPY. AND BEING EXTRAORDINARILY PRETTY. And judging from interviews and whatever glimpses into their characters, they seem passionate about the stage and being performers. How many idols these days are like that?



From the promo material, they all look like the same person, but after seeing them perform and actively putting in effort to differentiate them, they're pretty distinct to me? ;v;

Irene (pink hair) is the leader, born in 1991 which surprises me since most debuts in k-pop now are of fetuses. She looks a bit like Na Eun and is really pretty with a feminine, classy charm. *A* I still haven't heard her properly sing. She sings and raps in Happiness and while none of it is impressive, none of it is weak? I like her.

Seulgi (orange hair) seems overflowing with talent as she's a main vocal and arguably the strongest dancer. She has so much power in her voice and her moves, and ferocity in her stare. *A* I like her too.

Wendy (blue hair) is the one with the belty SHIIINE ON MEEE high notes. She definitely can sing well and her predebut covers are rather interesting. She's from Canada! *A* I also like her.

Joy (green hair) is the youngest and looks a lot like child actress Kim Yoojung who I'm also a big fan of. //// She's just a bundle of sunshine and performs with such enthusiasm and a smile that makes me ... want to be her LOL. I look forward to getting to hear her properly sing or rap, but I do enjoy how cute her voice is. SHE'S ADORABLE. For some reason, she's the member I'm currently most drawn to. ;^;)/

4 comments:

  1. Woot for exercise! It's really refreshing to exercise (although I'm a lazy bug myself but I still do enjoy my exercise kinda haha) so good for you for exercising! Keep up the good work :DD

    Also omg Red Velvet is so so so cute QQ I can see what you mean by Joy being adorable there's something about her smile and charm that just makes her really refreshing to watch QQ

    Seulgi's gaze is really nice it's really charismatic and her voice is nicee

    As for Wendy her voice is really nice and her smile too *v* She reminds me of Luna a bit I really don't know why lol

    Ireneee *v* yeah her feminine charm really takes the cake and from some interviews she seems like the softer/quiet(?) type which makes it really interesting since most SM leaders they're really bright/loud but who knows I might be wrong haha

    Sorry I should stop rambling about Red Velvet QQ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nonoonono don't stop!!!! It makes me really happy to have someone to talk about Red Velvet with LOOOL. When I see someone mention them I'm just like, "OH HI.. I SEE YOU LIKE RED VELVET +U+ ..."

      I agreee soooooooooooooooooooooo much with eeeeverything you've said!! They're so refreshing and have so much potential and they seem so sweet and caring about each other and AAAAA they make me happy. They've succeeded with their song title. ;v;

      And yeah, I find Irene really interesting! She's so shy and unapproachable, which is unusual for group leaders, but when she breaks out of it, she seems to look out for/care about the other members a lot and is playful and cute ///

      Delete
    2. ALSO don't ever apologize because I love receiving comments <3 And I like talking to you anyway. Thanks for being so supportive!

      Delete
    3. Hehe I hope they follow up with a fresh song like Happiness too but at the same time it'll be really cool if they could transition with a really chic style or something because it'll really show that they're really flexible with concepts and everything O:

      Oh yes yes I agree! It's really sweet how she really cares for the members (especially for Joy haha doting on the maknae XD) and the fact that her playfulness is so cute is super true QvvvQ

      Haha thank you! I like talking to you too *v* and thank you for supporting my blog!

      Delete

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates