When being detail-oriented is a curse

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Maybe airing my dirty laundry out to the internet was what it took because I'm finally working on editing Kelly again so I can finally, finally upload this.... 2 and a half months after filming...............

[6:19:40 PM] Chiisana: t..there was more to work on..?!
[6:19:47 PM] Eva: i.. i was really unhappy with the result LOL
[6:19:52 PM] Eva: mostly the camera
[6:19:56 PM] Eva: because it wasn't good at getting shallow focus
[6:20:04 PM] Eva: like i wanted was for one thing to be really in focus
[6:20:09 PM] Eva: while everything else is blurry?
[6:20:22 PM] Eva: but even on the best settings, the camcorder didn't make things that blurry
[6:20:24 PM] Eva: so now i'm literally
[6:20:37 PM] Eva: going through every scene, making a copy, masking it, and adding a blur ._.

Masking out areas to be blurred: in this case, the background and the animals nearest to the camera.
And then there's keyframing because when the actress moves, I don't want her to be in the area that's blurred. (The diamonds along the bottom timeline indicate that a change was made to the masking at that point.) Thus it's a bit of 'animation' too.

I don't wanna do this kind of meticulous and tedious shit, maaaaan :(

Where's my editing team?! Where's my coffee?!! Personal masseur?!
I'm going to be a haughty filmmaker now. I demand benefits!!!!

2 comments:

  1. will we (your subscribers) be able to see your Kelly film? I really want to see it and I want to see it's awesomeness *^*;; if not, I respect your decision~ I really liked the storyline of your film too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHAHAH thanks for the anticipation! *u* Don't expect tooo much though 'cause it's not anything outstanding.. Still I'll upload it to my youtube channel in a few days! I finished the editing but I just wanted my friends (who voice acted) to be able to see it first before it goes public. ;u;

      Delete

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates