BRAVER STAR

Thursday, January 31, 2019

It's a good week of uploads!!! I published my solo cover last week and today, the best friend [goddess] Chiisana uploaded her solo cover! We worked hard on our videos so it's nice that we got them done QUQ Fun fact: we both sang, mixed, and animated our own videos!✨


【歌ってみた】Shokugeki no Soma OP - BRAVER 【小さな】

I'm slain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are not deserving of Chiisana's vocal cord vibrations. Her talents transcend human capabilities. Chiisana is a literal goddess and angel. I can't even begin to fathom how she does what she does. This animation is badass. And just..just listen to her belting. Are you still alive? Yeah, me neither. I want Chiisana to sing at my funeral. I love her so, so much.

t h i s  i s  t h e  c o v e r  o f  t h e  c e n t u r y

💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘



【Cover】 JUNNA / Shooting Star (eng.) 【Eva】

And then there's my cover which I wrote about here LOL.

This was my first time mixing, animating, AND drawing for a video! Albeit they're very low quality, childish doodles because that's all I can do. ;o; (The main illustration is by soemei 💞)

Tbh you wouldn't think that a mix for this type of cover would be difficult at all, but this was a struggle through and through. All of these years of using a Blue Snowball—which has the reputation of being a difficult mic—I'd NEVER had nearly this amount of trouble T_______T Matching my mic quality through all of my takes was an absolute nightmare that I probably spent at least 10 hours on over the span of the year. I wish I were joking when I say that I probably did some sort of EQ adjustment to literally every single syllable in this song. Recording this cover was the reason I decided to finally upgrade and take up Fome's offer to long-term borrow his extra mic passed down from his uncle lol;; Considering what I had to work with, it now sounds somewhat consistent enough so I think my long hours of EQ bore fruit, yay!

I don't even know what to say about the animation haha. It's pretty simple. I wish I had good aesthetic sense and had better creative ideas adlkfjslf but luckily I had pretty soemei art to make up for it!

Fun fact: I just discovered today that my cover might just be the only... existing version of this song on youtube....... I-I can't believe.... Gotta make a shout out to Victor Entertainment—I'm so fortunate that they actually approved my copyright dispute ;u;

2 comments:

  1. Chiisana-sama~~~
    I like compare/contrasting the covers through the years and it's really great to see how the style and technique has changed through each video. I thought she used to have a sweeter voice but this song is more intense.

    Still, it's not as great as Evarella's! It's def been on repeat for a while here and there and some friends have been telling me it's really easy to listen to. "What OST is this from?" they asked. You must have really put so much work to get it so beautiful!
    I'd never heard the song before so I definitely tried to look up the original, just to find "[Cover]" as the major result. Thanks Google, I already got that one, but yes it is the best result.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chiisana-samaaaaa!! It is really crazy how she can transform her voice to suit any genre and style!!! She's so versatile, it's an incredible treat to be able to hear her sing. *A*

      And aaaaaah that makes me really happy, ty for sharing that T__T I was really aiming to put out a cover that would be pleasant and easy to listen to so I'm glad I think I did pretty good.. Being mistaken for an OST singer is awesome HAHAHA. Thank you anon-san!

      Delete

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates