2019 New Year's Resolutions

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

!!! It's now been 10 years since I first started doing 100 resolutions per year in 2009! I was 15 and now I'm 25... Wild. Here's how I did on last year's resolutions if you're curious~

In 2018, my goals largely focused on self care and developing better habits for both my physical health and mental health, and I'd definitely like to keep going in that direction.

This year, I want to work on being more independent and being in control of my emotions, rather than vice versa. ;v; I want to be my own motivator, to be able to pull myself out of a ditch, to be my own precious treasure, to never feel empty when my life is so vibrantly flourishing. In 2019, I thrive on self care and self love!!


  1. Be happy :)

  2. Always be proud of yourself, regardless of what you've accomplished!

  3. I want to be able to think, "Wow, being alive is awesome."

  4. Keep doing your best at everything!

  5. Keep up the good work at your job!

  6. Remember to love yourself ♥

  7. Keep all of your great relationships ♥

  8. Become a genuinely brighter, more outgoing person.

  9. Smile and laugh as much as you have the energy to!

  10. Catch yourself when your mood starts to go downhill and try to turn things around. Placebo thoughts!!!

  11. Learn to recognize when you're having anxious thoughts for no good reason and don't listen to them!

  12. Find more ways to be able to cheer yourself up. This year, I found a great remedy in ice cream :>

  13. Please no more feeling guilty about not "getting things done" when it actually doesn't matter.

  14. Stop being consumed by irrational guilt in general.

  15. Let's have a stress-free year~

  16. Don't burn out like you did in 2018.

  17. Stand up for yourself and don't take on too many burdens.

  18. At times when others are too busy for you, please don't abandon yourself. Get up! Stop sulking! Do things! Don't be lonely!

  19. Minimize whining and handle things by myself ;A;

  20. Normalize going out/eating in restaurants by myself.

  21. Spend time with frands!

  22. Be more thankful everyday.

  23. Maybe... I'm considering trying to see a therapist.

  24. Reach out to and try to help others that are struggling with mental health ;;

  25. THIS YEAR, I SWEAR. I'M GOING TO LEARN TO COOK.

  26. Give in to cravings :>

  27. I want to do a major clean-up of my room and donate/throw away as much as I can.

  28. Shelving for the k-pop shrine?

  29. Make it a definite habit to sleep around midnight!

  30. Habitually wake up around 9 AM?

  31. Please please please please let's start getting to things on time...

  32. Do things in the morning before work!

  33. As soon as my lung is recovered, let's dance again ♥

  34. Another dance cover this year? 8D

  35. Lake walks with friends!!

  36. AX body?

  37. Finish my K/DA Kai'Sa cosplay before Anime Expo! without!!! dying!!!

  38. Chorus battle WITHOUT!!! DYING!!!

  39. Work on a mix I can be proud of! (For ref, my most recent proper mix was I Wish.)

  40. Learn more mixing plugins.

  41. Learn more AE plugins. (Boss recently bought me the Trapcode Suite and I've only been using Particular and dabbled slightly in Form but haven't done anything proper with it yet.)

  42. Become better at graphic design :'D

  43. Assistant sound engineering at BAR Con every month without any incidents or stress please.

  44. Handle things as they come without worrying too much!

  45. Become better at adult business networky talk!

  46. Be less antisocial, especially in professional spaces.

  47. Be more open about my dumb humor :'D

  48. Develop more of my budding dark humor loool

  49. Speak out loud more!

  50. Keep the acid reflux at bay.

  51. I've already mostly stopped eating chocolate (with the exception of in ice cream) but can I cut out more acidic consumption? ToT

  52. Moisturize my face often even if I'm lazy or tired.

  53. Can I do a sheet mask at least once a....month? More would be nice...

  54. Get into the habit of forcing myself to get ready for bed even when exhausted... instead of lying down for like an hour not getting anything done lolol

  55. Speak in mostly Cantonese with my parents.

  56. I lost weight after the hospital... I want to be around 115 - 120 lb.

  57. No grudges in 2019!

  58. Blog frequently!

  59. Be more aware about tense muscles in my face.

  60. No more eye rubbing omg!!!

  61. Prioritize ergonomics so we can be less sore pls

  62. Be more aware about tense shoulders.

  63. Allocate time for relaxing.

  64. Let's finish reading "Of Fire and Stars" this year and read more if possible.

  65. I like the me recently that's been more impulsive/decisive for good reasons. (i.e. "This really good ice cream place closes in 30 minutes... If we all get in our cars right now, we can make it. LEt'S DO IT.... EVERYONE GO GO GO GO GO") More of that!

  66. Be fearless!

  67. Let's make this a great year for Gemini !!

  68. Wear more casual dresses!

  69. Go out of my way more often.

  70. Normalize driving long distances.

  71. Slime as a hobby...pls.... LOL

  72. I want to release a mixing tutorial video!

  73. I've also considered trying to do an ASMR video but idk...

  74. Learn how to do eyebrow makeup.

  75. Take care of my eyes.

  76. Improve at doing things in front of people.

  77. Sing more at karaoke. ;^;)9

  78. Improve at being able to sing/belt with support.

  79. Improve my Japanese pronunciation.

  80. FOR REAL.... I'm going to upload my solo in early 2019.

  81. If my solo even gets up to 100 views, I'm going to be satisfied!!!! I don't want to be sad about feeling washed up anymore!

  82. Become more proficient at harmonies!

  83. Be more lighthearted in general.

  84. Remain mindful about my goals throughout the year.

  85. Become less addicted to my smartphone.

  86. If I have time/energy, it'd be nice to do some volunteering!

  87. Shower more at night instead of forgetting and rushing a shower before work in the morning lol...

  88. PET. MANY. DOGS.

  89. Stretch more often.

  90. Will I feel inspired to write again?

  91. Be more open about my singing and rapping.

  92. Completely abandon frustrations while driving :'D

  93. Be less afraid of being an inconvenience while driving. (Sometimes I don't want to stop traffic in order to get into a parking space, or I'll miss a turn because I don't want to inconvenience anyone...)

  94. I'd like more low-effort clothes that are also presentable 8D

  95. Give my friends a lot of massages! Because who doesn't need a massage!!!

  96. Embrace change.

  97. Remember to be confident!

  98. I'm committed to supporting IZ*ONE as much as I can before they disband. I hope you're still doing that ^^

  99. Keep supporting my k-pop and j-pop faves!!

  100. w o r l d d o m i n a t i o n


Usually I choose and post a selfie that I took from throughout the past year, but !!! Today I chopped off my hair to the shortest it's been since... elementary school?

2019 Eva is here trying to fulfill all her idol fantasies--

   

8 comments:

  1. Evarella, do your best! I'm cheering for you, you're my idol! Can't wait for K/DA Evarella's next solo~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU ALWAYS, ANON πŸ’—
      Your support definitely inspires me ToT

      Delete
  2. Eva, you're such an inspiration! You're extremely hardworking, driven, motivated, genuinely kind and humble!!! I hope to be more like you. (for real tho) I hope 2019 is a good year for you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T____T I really appreciate your kind words!! Especially since I was wondering if I was being too self absorbed. Let's both do our best and have a great 2019 πŸ’•πŸ’• I wish you all the best tooo!

      Delete
  3. Hi Eva,
    A new kind of follower here? ^^ been coming here and there but haven't been able to get the chance to comment so this will be first ahaha. To be honest, I also wanted say Happy new year back when it was actually the start of the New Year or Chinese New Year but it's pretty much beyond late- given that it's March now lol. Anyways, what I also wanted to say in addition to this, is that you have a great new year resolution here and that it inspires me to make one myself (I put it in my blog too so I hope you don't mind- don't worry, I have credited you ahaha ^^)- it pretty much is kind of motivates you which is good to get by for the year hehehe. I also like the layout of your blog too- it gives a nice feel! Anyhow, Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaa nice to meet you Adeline!! Sorry I hadn't checked my comments page in a while and missed this but I was super happy to see your comment ToT And even happier to have a new blog friend since many of my friends don't use blogs anymore ♥ Hope you have a nice day too! See you around!

      Delete
  4. OMG, Eva!! πŸ’•Just saw this and again, I would have never thought you would comment (and even seem to follow my blog!?!) >.<. So happy! I thought I would give it a try and comment on your blog since I've been coming over to your blog from time to time and continuously support you in the background ahaha. Anyway, it's so nice of you to do so- A nice surprise!! 😊- I finally manage to learn how to follow you back through blogger lol XD I can say the same too-It's quite rare to see people with blogs I feel, and quite sad to know not many people use them anymore with many turning to use social media nowadays. Yes, see you around!! Hope we can be friends ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh hi again Adeline!! And yay I'm so glad you saw my comments; I wasn't sure if you would since they were set to approval only ahah. Hope you're having a good day πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

      Delete

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates