Cartoons are good

Saturday, February 22, 2020


T_____T This scene from ep 7 of 22/7 (nanabun no nijyuuni) really reminded me of this post of mine ("In All Honesty") that I often reference... This episode hit hard, man. So relatable. An absolute rollercoaster in the most painful, fulfilling way.

~✨~✨~

I might currently be following the most anime I've ever actively followed concurrently in a season? ;v; Most anime doesn't seem to speak to me very much, but this season has a lot that I'm liking!

🔹 If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budoukan, I Would Die (Oshi ga Budoukan Ittekuretara Shinu) -- I.......LOVE IT. Very, very gay girl idols. Very cute girls. A disastrous fangirl and her many miscommunications with her favorite idol member. Sometimes some problematic stuff, but I'm willing to overlook for how much I enjoy this show—it's hilarious and an absolute must-watch for idol fans who spend too much money for their oshi's. I've rewatched every episode 1-2 times. 😆

🔹 22/7 (nanabun no nijyuuni) -- WOW NOT YOUR TYPICAL IDOL ANIME AT ALL. Gets quite dark. Kind of weird but really interesting and a lot of heart. Instead of a clear plotline, each episode explores the backstory of a different member of the group..! It's insane. Do not have expectations.

🔹 Smile on the Runway (Runway de Waratte) -- Interesting blend of shoujo and shounen genres I think! Initially I thought it was shoujo because it's rather soft and features typically "feminine"-associated subjects: it's about a girl who wants to be a model and a guy who wants to be a fashion designer... but then some parts are paced in a way that make me think, "omg this is like a shokugeki but fashion" LOL. I wasn't too into it for the first 3 episodes but it gets better from 4 onwards when it introduces other characters and focuses more on the fashion design which is the more interesting aspect imo.

🔹 BOFURI: I Don't Want to Get Hurt, so I'll Max Out My Defense. -- I usually don't care for MMORPG-based anime but I'm surprisingly enjoying this one! Just really wholesome friendships and lighthearted world-exploring. Soft af.

🔹 IDOLiSH7: Second Beat! -- Technically this one shouldn't be on this list because only the 1st episode aired and the rest will continue airing in April (why???)... but whatever, I'm just happy that there's so much good idol anime right now. I really liked season 1 and it's looking like season 2 will be just as good if not better! It's a lot more of a typical idol anime but good story, good boys.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good ~ ☺️ Lately I've been into some anime and mangas myself too hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh let me know if you have any recommendations!!

      Delete

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates