2015 Resolutions Review

Sunday, January 17, 2016

UHHHHHHHHHHHHH LOL.
Every year I write down 100 "resolutions" and then do a review of how I feel like I've fulfilled them.
2015 was a really weird year where I feel like my condition kept undulating more than usual—one day I'm more confident than ever, then the next I feel like I'm not capable of anything. I mean, it was a huge transition year for me so I guess it might make sense that I was so unstable?? Things change so much that I forget what was 2015 and what was 2014, and when I reread my blog entries from earlier in the year I CANNOT EVEN RECOGNIZE MYSELF. Plus, my memory has gotten progressively worse. Everything feels so mixed up to me that when reviewing my resolutions, I'm most likely going to only be able to refer to what I might remember from the past, like... week.
This is really not going to be a very accurate yearly review lol oops....

I guess 2015 was a big year for me???? So much happened that it feels like it's been a couple of years LOL!

So the first half of 2015 was my last semester of college....... and I apparently interned at a cable TV studio— WTF THIS WAS ONLY LAST YEAR? Anyway, from what I can remember, it was a crazy busy and stressful semester. I also volunteered at a film festival. And continued to work. And did not know what to do with myself in the future. I ended with a 3.93 GPA in school. And then I fainted one day while operating a camera in a studio taping lmao.
Then I graduated from university!
I was planning to take a break until 2016 before looking for a full time job.. (Not entirely a break since I was gonna continue with my part time accounting job that I've been at for 4.5 years..)
And then my professor referred me to a part time job for a corporate video production company, so I've been doing both jobs until now and it's already become kind of routine... In this time, I've been handling audio or working as production assistant on shoots for videos for big corporate companies, editing videos, and even went on my first business trip.
O-oh, and then in December, I went on my very first trip to Asia. Actually, I traveled to a lot of places!!

............ wow I suck.
I'll do my best to remember what happened last year....



1. Be happy :)
I think I was legitimately pretty happy for at least a quarter of this year!! Which is pretty good!

2. Always give your all!
Yeah! except for when I have no motivation to get out of bed...

3. ..... i'm already feeling lazy omg LOL. STOP BEING SO LAZY.
no I definitely got lazier. Idk if it's also my anemia getting worse but I've been having no energy..?

4. Become even more assertive!
I am practically fearless compared to before lol

5. SOCIALIIIZEEEE
Most of the time! I can do it!
except for those times I shut down and cry and hide but.

6. At the very least, keep in touch with friends.
Sometimes I'm too busy or stressed..

7. Hangouts with #NYA forever *^*
Mmmmm kinda~ even tho it's not really #NYA anymore tbh

8. Don't stop recording/singing even if you're busy.
I UPLOADED 2 SOLO COVERS THIS YEAR. And was in birthday collabs. Isn't it amazing???!?!

10. Keep working to improve singing!
I'm surprised I've actually improved!

11. Keep working on rapping!
Pretty sure I've improved compared to 2014 :D

12. NA NA NA NA NA NEVER GIVE UP.
whuh? is this a reference to something I've forgotten..?

13. Let's finish a minimum of 2 duets with bestie Chiisana :'D
.................... i rly want to finish this one duet but...

14. Try to get back into collaborating again.
I ACTUALLY DID THIS.

15. Improve at mixing! Especially EQing.
Pretty sure I must have in this time? I'm too lazy to check what my mixes sounded like in 2014.

16. And try to figure out how to make mixes more polished? Q^Q It's so hard.
I STARTED LEARNING MASTERING THIS YEAR and it makes a huge difference yooooo

17. Make sure you always make time to relax.
I DID NOT IN THE FIRST HALF OF THE YEAR. :D After graduation, it's been kind of... periods of STRESS STRESS TOO MUCH WORK MUCH PRODUCTIVITY BUT VERY STRESS and then periods of being lazy relaxed as fuck

18. Work on your sense of aesthetic.
It's probably better? :'D

19. Buy more publicly presentable clothes?
Ayyyyy I bought a lot of new clothes when I was in Hong Kong and Taiwan XD

20. Don't spend too much money lololol I already know I won't.
I'm still stingy as ever :'D It's just that Asia trip that drained me.

21. Maybe try to finally learn how to properly use After Effects..
uuuuh next year!

22. Be more involved in film projects!
Okay I'll be real: I did some student film projects at the beginning of summer, and then refused to do any more after I realized how shitty the conditions are. Sorry I get paid to work on video sets with professionals now who don't treat people like crap??

23. And initiate your own projects! Even if it's something small.
They're relatively small, but I shot videos for all 3 uploads on my channel this year. ^^

24. Learn more about lighting.
I .. probably forgot a lot of things I learned about lighting lol.

25. Improve with camerawork and cinematography please. ;v;
eeerrrr

26. Be confident!
There are lots of times when I have dips in confidence, but I think ultimately my confidence has improved SIGNIFICANTLY from any previous year in my life. :)

27. Don't be discouraged if you fall.
That's hard.

28. Don't care so much about the opinions of others.
I'm still sensitive about some things but for the most part I've improved on this a ton. I'm a lot less afraid to be looked at by others now. And I'm not so ashamed of my height.

29. Health. Remember that's a thing.
I have bad memory

30. MAKE EXERCISE A REGULAR THING.
HAHAHAHAHAHAH...... what is that

31. Abs?
No?

32. Finish my cosplays on time.....
I killed myself over doing it BUT I FINISHED IN TIME!

33. Anime Expo everyyy year :>
Of course~

34. Graduate from university without any problems.
Generally no problems~

35. Don't let your 3.93 GPA drop at all!
I'M REALLYYYY SORRRYYYY Q_______QQQQQQQQQQQq
I didn't expect to get a B+ in one of my classes in my last semester omg I was so angry and don't think I rly deserve it gahhhh it's probably bc I didn't participate enough
and it dropped my GPA to 3.92
:ccccccccc

36. Make a good impression on your professors? ;u;
I THOUGHT I DID. Then that one B+.... but other than that my professors seemed to love me--

37. And everyone you work with! Make connections!!
I DID FOR A WHILE and then decided I can't do the student film life anymore. But working now on professional connections I guess? lol

38. Learn how people do film sound.
I need to learn this yes.

39. Do your best to look for a job and stuff after graduation ;;;;;
: ' D ............ I'm a very lucky person because a job just fell into my lap even when I wasn't planning on getting one.

40. And even if you can't find anything, don't feel discouraged! Don't give up! Don't sit idly!
:   '          D..... that's very kind of you, but

41. But I do want to travel a bit before I settle down too much. Possibly Hong Kong trip with my aunt?
OMG. I DID THIS. I went a lot of places! Vancouver, Alaska, Seattle, LA a bunch of times, San Diego, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan!

42. I also want to go to Canada again.. either Vancouver or Toronto.
Visited Vancouver! :> I wanna go to Toronto still.

43. Indulge in things that make you happy!
I do! when I'm not too lazy to get off my ass....

44. Remember to eat vitamins.
Sooooometimes

45. Rest your eyes and take off your glasses when you can.
I wish I did this. I have really dry eyes.

46. Keep up with k-pop? :'D
Yasss boi

47. And k-dramas!
I'm pretty diligent about this! LOL

48. Stay hydrated.

I drink a lot more water than before :>!

49. Be productive and manage your time wisely.
What is time management

50. Sleep earlier D:<
You mean I can't go to bed at 6 AM?

51. Start reading books again? 8'D;;;
I tried for a bit and then got busy.... but I did finish a Jane Austin audiobook and was planning to find another one. ^^

52. Write things when you want to! Just do it.
Aw, that's nice of you. I had really wanted to write things at the beginning of 2015. And it all got squashed by my screenwriting professor so I haven't had motivation since.

53. Learn how to properly style hair or something.
why

54. Keep smiling :D
I smile a lot now :D

55. Try to make others laugh more!
Sometimes I actually can do this and I'm so proud!!!!!!!!

56. WORK ON KOREAN.
Ne~~~

57. I feel like there's not much hope with this one but WORK ON JAPANESE??
eva no baka

58. Pick what little I knew of French back up again???
non

59. Absorb even more Mandarin from being around coworkers and don't let it go.
Wo bu hui shuo guo yr. (I have learned more Mandarin yass)

60. Try more foods!
I HAVE BEEN. It's a good thing I like weird foods too. I had a lot of good food this year.

61. Try cool food places even if they may require a slightly further drive.
Uuuhhhh eeehhhhh I think I did sometimes

62. Don't be afraid to do yololololo things once in a while.
Sometimesss

63. Only drink responsibly!
I think this year I got drunk for the first and only time LOL. But yeah, nowadays I don't like to drink that much..

64. But increase your alcohol tolerance.
IT GOT SO MUCH WORSE so I just stop drinking.

65. Finally learn to cook...?
I tried to learn a bit but then working and being really tired

66. Be true to yourself.
I've been truer than ever this year.

67. Grab good opportunities that come your way!
Yea! No regrets!!!!

68. Be fearless.
I made huge strides in this in 2015!

69. Take good care of your skin ;n;
Dude I started being interested in skincare and now my skin is better than ever. Maybe I'll share my skin routine sometime...

70. Be better to your parents.
I keep to myself a lot at home but I think I'm a good kid.

71. Remember to floss HAHAHA
I.... okay..

72. Practicing dancing!
The only thing I remember learning is the Ice Cream Cake dance? ;A; Other things I don't remember if they were 2015 or 2014 lol.... I don't practice enough tho. It's been a while.

73. FINALLYYYY??? record the Genie dance?
;x;

74. Try picking up League of Legends again?
omg. I got back into the game and was REALLY ADDICTED for a few months LOL! Then my laptop died and my older laptop refused to cooperate, so I haven't played since.. (instead I've been doing more singing/mixing projects and keeping up with k-dramas.)

75. Make the best out of situations.
I don't remember if I do..

76. Be less of a crybaby.
I'm probably not :'D

78. Don't be afraid to show people that you're weird :'D
I am proud to say I've improved at this a lot this year

79. FIX YOUR HABIT OF BEING LATE TO EVERYTHING. FIX IT NOW.
CAN I DO IT LATERRRRRRRRRR

80. Don't feel pressured to let go of your heart of a child.
I am 4 year old

81. But become more mature.
But also 22 years old. I'm a responsible, working adult.

82. Don't be so afraid of being out in public.
I IMPROVED A TON!!!

83. LOL forever reminded of Denny because of the 83 face. I said the same thing last year, but keep your dumbass love-hate friendship with Denny.
Denny is a dumb (I should talk to him more though.. but I did stay at his house when I was in Vancouver in May~)

84. Maybe try to pick up yoga again.. (I took a yoga class for one semester but forgot it all immediately after haha.)
I ....... this did not even cross my mind once this year

85. Approach others more often.
I do that!

86. .......Let's get better at speaking Cantonese, which I'm supposed to be fluent at but am not.
I WENT TO HONG KONG. And got better at Cantonese. Then came back. And now it feels foreign again.

87. Check! your! email! more often!!
O! kay!! jeez!!!

88. Learn to better say no.
Ya if I don't want to deal with something, most of the time I just refuse lol...

89. Be less affected by jealousy.
I'm still affected but can't remember if it's less compared to before..

90. Don't procrastinate!
got itttt

91. Don't be afraid of attention.
I HAVE IMPROVED SO MUCH. SOOO MUCH. I can stand in front of people and sometimes talk in front of people and I'm just like, "OKAY YEAH LOOK AT ME NO PROBLEM" .... until the days my skin decides to look like shit so I just wanna hide my face in a hole..

92. EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.
ROGER THAT. OMNOMNOMONOMNOM

93. You can take more selfies because it's not a bad thing to have records of how you looked :'D
Oh! I should!

94. Stop regretting!
Ok!

95. Stop hesitating!
O..o..o..k-k-kay I'll try!

96. Be more lighthearted ^^
That's hard

97. SARCASM 4EVA.
oh, well that's /really/ hard

98. GOTTA CATCH 'EM AAALLL
I don't have a mitt

99. Support Super Junior :D
aslfkdldk DEVIL! OH OHHH~ akjldfwe SHOWER! OH OHHH~~

100. w o r l d  d o m i n a t i o n .
I think I did that! wait. am I remembering wrong?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates