To become Kido

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

As Anime Expo is nearing, #TeamSiliconValley (Chiisana, Y, Myst, and myself) has been busy at work making cosplays! 8D I've been meaning to update this blog for so long, so sorry you're just getting one big dump of stuff.

Myst (Ene), Chiisana (Ayano), Ian (Shintaro), Andy (Kano), and I (Kido) are doing a group cosplay of characters from Jin's Kagerou Project. :D It's my first time seriously cosplaying. And I've discovered my dislike for wigs.

The rest of the costumes were buyable or Myst-makable but the Kido hoodie for me was more complex, so it's been the focus of our collaborative cosplay-making project. ;u; Also we've been making the Kano jacket too!

Yee, #TeamSiliconValley enjoying their gelato. :>

Fabric and craft store.. Someone make me a prom gooownnnn~~

Cutting patterns!

Myst dyed the fabric from white, and the color turned out SO perfect for Kido's grayish-purple'ish hoodie. ^^

Dinner! Indomie and a fried egg~

MYST IS AWESOME and covered up green Converse with cloth of the proper green color, except she used double-sided tape so that it could be taken off later and just worn as regular casual Converse.

 Somewhat starting to come togetherrrr

I did buy a green wig but it ended up not being long enough so Myst got me another one which looks great. This is Chiisana modeling it huhuhuhu

(It looks super unnatural and weird on me ;^;..) Wig before cutting.

Chiisana being my bitch

After cutting the wig! :)

AWKWARDLY BLURRY PICTURE because I wanted to snap it quickly before going.. But this is the "track suit" collar that Y made and it's so awesome *A* (She's so good at this, srsly.. Y made most everything!)

Still WIP

HEHEHE ALMOST THERE. kind of.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh Kagerou Project~ Hehe you look cool in your cosplay! Did you pick Kido randomly or did you like her eye power that allows her to be invisible? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, everyone else just kind of.. decided for me immediately that I would be Kido LOL. But then I do have the height and my personality is the closest HAHAHA

      thank you!!

      Delete
    2. Oh XD, hehe no problem! Welcome back by the way~

      Delete
  2. Coool! I'm cosplaying Kido in December (or at least I'll try to) and out of nowhere I've found your blog ♡
    Where did you find the hoodie's pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can just use any long hoodie pattern as long as you make adjustments! Or you might have to combine with another pattern to have long sleeves. Sorry I don't remember the exact origin of the pattern I used haha.
      Good luck with your cosplay though! Yeeeee more Kidos<3

      Delete
  3. Hello! I'm quite interested in making a Kido cosplay myself! However, I am curious to know what kind of fabric you used. Did you use sweatshirt fabric, something similar, or something different than that? Please and Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, hello!! It wasn't sweatshirt fabric (as I would've had a heat stroke in LA HAHAHAH) but a moderately thick, very stretchy fabric? Sorry I don't know any technical terms. It's still thinner than most material used for sweaters/jackets, which I liked other than the fact that it wrinkles so easily.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I live in an area that has a warm climate as well, plus the convention I will be wearing this cosplay would be in the summer (heat haze time!).

      Delete

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates