Food for Thought: Social Producing

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Here goes for the first time using dictation to blog on my smartphone. Trying to bypass slow and typo-laden mobile typing hehehe. 8D I'm sleepy so this is kinda rambly and nonstructural. Does this even count as food for thought idk

I had the realization today that learning more about being a producer (specifically for video shoots) has been a particularly big factor in shaping my social conduct. This comes in both observing my coworkers who are great producers--and even greater people--and in preparation/anticipation since my coworkers want me to eventually do producing too. It sounded scary at first because it's a social role, but now that I'm able to be more sociable and outgoing(?), the ideal traits of a producer have become something more of a goal.

A producer is someone that manages people. A responsible person that makes sure everyone has the information they need and has answers to questions, but is also firm as to assure things get done. Respectful to others and mindful of the balance between not being insulting and being honest. An accommodating person that cares that everyone is comfortable and not left out. Introductions are imperative--whether it's having the courtesy to always introduce yourself, or being sure that those around you have been introduced to each other rather than awkward confusion. Get to know your collaborators and don't be shy! It requires being a little fake tbh. Even if you're tired or frustrated, you have to learn to put that aside temporarily. Encourage others!

And it's important for a producer to express gratitude. :> Nothing should go unappreciated~

I think for a while already this was the kind of person that I wanted to be. But it was maybe hard to put into words or to sum up into one thing until now haha. I noticed it's really affected my attitude recently especially in working with people for singing collabs (ok more like being angry at disrespect and i just wanna scream at them TO ACT AS IF THEY HAD THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF A PRODUCER DAMMIT), but it also goes beyond work and I think should apply to social interaction in general.

So I think, even though I'm not particularly aiming to become a video producer, I want to be a producer-type of person? Ayyyy I've figured out my first real social model !!!
Let's see how I can learn to live by it uvu;; So strange that I'm mostly okay with talking to people now~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates