Mikumo Cosplay Post!!11 [updated 6/19 again]

Sunday, June 19, 2016

[This post will be continually updated! ?]

Whether I'm being extra blog-active to try to compensate for feeling like I don't spend adequate time online (no wifi), or to make up for STILL not having written about the cosplay I made last year--certainly I'm trying to compensate for something. And I don't mind!! :'D I've said for a while that I would blog more often if only there were more time in the day. Or I guess if I didn't have wifi and don't feel like sleeping at 3:51 AM despite full time work.

Anyway, this year I wanted to record my progress and expenses for the cosplay I'm making for AX. :> I've actually never kept track of my cosplay spending which......was irresponsibly bad and also good because seeing numbers would have just stressed me out. Cosplay is hella expensive.. This year I realize how much those amounts from the past few years must have added up, so I'm curious how much I'll spend now being more careful.

Mikumo ("Bokura no Senjou" outfit) from Macross Delta
(it is actually really damn sad that I can't find any references other than screencaps from the episode.
why does nobody care about this)


Expenses:
 - $10.00 [fabric (light blue, blueish gray), buttons, snap buttons, thread]
 - $0.00 [fabric (white, blackish blue, yellow).. already owned! yay leftover materials not going to waste!!]
 - $1.50 [zippers, ribbon]
 - $5.46 [pattern for blazer vest]
 - $2.46 [white blouse from thrift store]
 - $0.00 [over-the-knee black boots.. borrowed from sophie! ^^]
 - $35.00 [wigs are so expensive dammit]
 - $0.00 [sewing machine that my parents bought for their own use, not knowing that i rly needed one too!!!! bless]
 - $1.99 [ribbon for stripes]
 - $6.90 [black belt why so expense dammit]




As of June 9th, I've done this much from top to bottom:
 - ordered a wig
 - fitted, cut, and hemmed the white blouse! have not chopped off the sleeves yet
 - made the tie
 - made the blueish black short ruffly shoulder thing
 - cut out the fabric/pattern for the vest, added interfacing... only partially hemmed. not put together at all. NEED TO ADD WHITE STRIPES TO BLUE FABRIC..
 - pleated all three layers of the skirt yay! have not attached them together yet.
 - borrowed Sophie's boots wooo!!


[Edit 6/18]
OKAY THIS IS WHERE I WAS AT EARLY LAST NIGHT. Still looks shitty omg LOL. The skirt isn't put together at all; the pieces were safety pinned to my shorts and I still have to make a waistband to hold them together.

After this picture last night, I cut half of the vest to midlength, sewed together, and hemmed most of it!!! Now trying to figure out the collar which is actually really hard..


[Edit 6/19]
OKAY FAM NOBODY'S ALLOWED TO SEE THIS COSTUME UP CLOSE. I'm actually so bad at sewing. God damn it.


[Edit 6/19 again]
OHHHHH MY GODDDDDD
Q____________Q
my blood and sweat (so far no tears but I just jinxed that for myself) and I've finally finished the vest piece........... OHHH MY GODDDddd...... Tbh it's really badly sewn and LIKE NOBODY SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO LOOK AT ME FROM WITHIN 6 FEET but right now I'm just happy I did it LOL......



WE WILL SEE IF I CAN FINISH IN TIME FOR AX..!
TO BE CONTINUED.

Edit:
I FINISHED.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates