Alternate Universe Me & Artful Lying

Monday, March 3, 2014



I will make all denials of this being me because this is some alternate universe version and it's so fucking out of character that I'm a little afraid.



Lately I've been delving headfirst into the world where the concept of putting conscious and detailed effort into your appearance actually exists. I tried practicing putting on eye make-up. I got a straightener and some concealer which I tried out for the first time a few hours ago, wooooo.
It's partially out of HEY I'M 20 YEARS OLD and I should probably dig myself out of being this ignorant by actually trying to learn and I don't want to be makeup-deficient forever. Also I've been craving change, and what better way to achieve it than with color, right? ^^

But while I am looking to reform my appearance a little, I've no intention of using make-up daily, but rather I personally see it more of a curious art form and for the spectacle.

In Korean, "ulzzang" is slang for "best face" and the people on the internet embodying this term have been really popular. This is something Chiisana and I have been discussing a lot in the past few weeks as we're also making our transformation journey together in changing a little and learning about "beauty." xD

I guess it mostly started a few weeks ago when we had our visions shattered.

[6:56:14 PM] Chiisana: she's soooo cute/pretty in pictures
[6:56:17 PM] Chiisana: not that she isn't in the video
[6:56:19 PM] Chiisana: she just looks different
[6:56:20 PM] Chiisana: O__O
[6:57:47 PM] Eva: ...
[6:57:52 PM] Eva: she looks REALLY different.
[6:57:58 PM] Chiisana: RIGHT?
[6:57:58 PM] Eva: ANGLES.
[6:58:57 PM] Chiisana: I always saw her as korean idol status LOLOL

[7:00:40 PM] Chiisana: the power of make up/good camera usage.... is really interesting..!! Q__Q
[7:00:46 PM] Eva: HAHA SERIOUSSSLYYYY
[7:00:58 PM] Chiisana: like if I stayed in my house all day
[7:01:02 PM] Chiisana: and only did make up and took pictures
[7:01:04 PM] Chiisana: I FEEL LIKE
[7:01:08 PM] Chiisana: NO ONE WOULD HAVE TO KNOW
[7:01:11 PM] Chiisana: SOMEONE COULD BECOME A
[7:01:14 PM] Chiisana: NET IDOL ULZZANG GIRL
[7:01:16 PM] Chiisana: AND NO ONE WOULD KNOW
[7:01:18 PM] Chiisana: THE TRUTH
[7:01:20 PM] Chiisana: QAAAQ


So I started thinking.
I wonder...
if I really tried....
if I really, really tried
and learned to wear make-up and tried putting in circle lenses,
and took good quality pictures in flattering lighting,
with particular angles and expressions:

What could I achieve?
I'm not trying to be an ulzzang but I want to see to what lengths I can go with the power of presentation--because it's all about the presentation. Only, I completely reject the whole use of photoshop, which is honestly ridiculous sometimes and not the extent of lying I'm willing to condone.


So I'm very fascinated by the art of ulzzanging.
And yes, it's an art. It's no longer about having nice features or being naturally good-looking or even unnaturally good-looking, but what you show and what you cover.



[12:50:52 AM] Chiisana: WOAH this is the main host girl O___O
[12:50:57 AM] Chiisana: I DON'T.. THIS IS THE SAME GIRL?!
[12:51:01 AM] Eva: uh......
[12:51:25 AM] Eva: i guess she's very.. photogenic????!??!?!
[12:51:46 AM] Chiisana: these girls
[12:51:47 AM] Chiisana: have skills.
[12:51:48 AM] Chiisana: LOL
[12:52:20 AM] Chiisana: some kind of skill unbeknownst to us
[12:52:28 AM] Eva: one day we'll unlock these secrets.....
[12:52:33 AM] Chiisana: yes...............
[12:52:38 AM] Chiisana: (photoshop)
[12:53:32 AM] Eva: NO WE WON'T SUCCOMB TO THAT
[12:53:39 AM] Eva: HAVE STRENGTH MY COMRADE!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates