TL;DR: I feel amazing

Friday, March 7, 2014

HI I just got home and it's 12:18 AM!! Another Thursday, another increeeeedible day eeeeee. I'm totally incoherent right now and distracted by other things, but I'll do my best to like. type words. and stuff. I still have to shower and I work 9 to 6 tomorrow, so I'm kinda double fucking myself over right now BUT I HAVE SO MUCH I wanna say that needs to get out right now or it'll be lost in some abyss of my terrible memory and laziness.

It's been a really long day LOL. I woke up, ate brunch, and took an online midterm. And then I had my TV/Film Production class! I technically didn't even need to go because I had no roles for the day (since I was director and all the difficult roles last week) but IT'S OKAY; I HAD FUN. I can't believe it aaaaaaaaa I actually feel like an actual film student now!!! I feel like a broken record always talking about this but it is one of my complexes and hurdles as a "film" student (I consider myself more of a media major but it's easier to just say film) because everyone else is SO COOL AND CHILL AND SOCIAL AND COMPETENT AND WITTY AND OPEN AND .......... I am not. But I finally feel like!!! WOW. THEre isn't that big of a gap and I can actually do it!!! And there's this extra thing where I've really always just been "nerdy quiet studious goodygoody antisocial asian girl in the corner" and I usually only talk to the other nerdy people (mostly asians for some reason) and I JUST... feel like an entirely different species from the "cool/rebellious/notgoodygoody" people. Or I never felt cool enough to talk to them. And film students are mostly those types of white kids that I feel like never bat an eye at the kids like me. BUT IN THIS CLASS I GET ALONG WITH THEM ...!!!! AND I FEEL LIKE I'VE BECOME FRIENDS AND I JUST. I MADE A LOT OF FRIENDS IN THIS CLASS and omfg even the people I've always thought would think they're too cool for me just talk to me and like ONE GUY JUST kept going on and on to me like he wanted me to listen and I thought that was sweet aaaa. EVERY TIME I SUCCESSFULLY SOCIALIZE, I'M ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDED BY THE THOUGHT. WOW. GUYS I GOT THIS FAR. I'm also very incoherent fuck fuck

Class got out at 3 when it usually gets out at 4, so I asked Yanovi (who goes to the same school as me) to come eat an early dinner and get milk tea with me. ^___^ We went to a sushi place near our school that I've never been to before and had sushi burritos!! And it was really good!

Then I had volunteering at 5. As I mentioned in another post, I've been volunteering lately at a film festival because of a class AND I'M TOO LAZY to explain everything again and the whole downtown situation again so that's there in that post HAHA.

I got there not knowing a thing about what I'd be doing--imagining that I'd just be running around doing errands or cleaning or carrying things--but nope. They told me I would fill in as a ticket usher at one of the theaters. And THAT. WAS. I WAS REALLY SCARED. I WAS SO SCARED. And also sad because there were 2 teams to choose from: Hospitality and Special Forces. Hospitality entailed being a concierge and being social and friendly and helpful to guests and film directors and everyone. I chose to join Special Forces so I'd just have to run errands or fill in spots and not talk to people. Furthermore, I specifically told my team organizer that I didn't want tasks that required me to socialize. :( And yet... there I was.. being assigned to be a ticket usher..........

But dear god it was so much fun. I would do it again. I'm about to send the team organizer an email saying that I'd love to do ticket ushering again this weekend if that's a possibility. ^^

Basically, before each movie, I stood outside the door and scanned everybody's passes/tickets with an iPod. And after each movie, I would pass out surveys and pencils to people exiting, and collect their surveys. It was a shit ton of "Hi! May I please scan your pass? I can help you right over here! Can I please see your ticket? Sorry for the wait. Enjoy your movie! Thank you! Would you like to fill out a survey? Thank you very much! I can take that! You can leave the pencils right here! Thank you and good night!" AND THE MOST NONSTOP SMILING I'VE PROBABLY EVER DONE.

I was only supposed to work 5 PM to 9 PM .......... and then it hit 10 PM.......... and they wanted me to stay til midnight. L O L. sadlkfjsdlkfjdsf I can't believe everyone liked me so much and like. UUUGH THEY KEPT TELLING ME I WAS DOING A GREAT JOB and that I worked really hard and was sweet and aaaaaaaaaa. One manager in particular was like, "And then there are people like Eva who we really need to keep around." ////////

The keeping me around for longer did make sense though because all of the other student volunteers were high school kids, so they needed to get home haha. I'm glad that I got to work with a couple of high schoolers because we got along super well and it was a lot of fun! I don't feel nervous around those younger than me and we're about the same mental age anyway LOLOL..... (One interesting thing actually! A girl I made friends with goes to the high school that Chiisana went to so I mentioned that I went to a lot of their plays and musicals because my best friend was in them, and she pipes up, "OF COURSE I KNOW [Chiisana]! She was like a theatre star!! *A*" bwehehehehe<3)
Iono but university students and adults scare me a lot. Except surprisingly I got along with every.... single person that I talked to today!!!!!!! It was amazing. I even made friends with all the adults and one woman started talking to me about her 2-year-old grandson. And there was one really nice guy that got accused of flirting with me ahaha. I can't believe it. I got along with so many people.. and of all people, they're film people!! Who are sociable and competent ;A;

WHO KNEW THAT I COULD DO SOMETHING THAT REQUIRED /THIS/ MUCH SOCIALIZING? It's like I've discovered a new Eva today. I never knew I had this capability. Like wow. And I'm so sorry that this entire post has my ego all over it but. I mean, I got praised and I feel amazing about it. Me, who used to not believe in myself!! QAQ

So finally I got to finish after all the films of the day were done and had to get back to campus where I left my car.
It's one thing to walk around downtown by myself at 2 PM like last time (also the first time)..

and a total other thing to be walking downtown by myself at midnight.
passing by homeless sleeping on benches.
being jokingly offered alcohol by a couple of drunk guys that I happened to be walking the same way as. (well I didn't think they were scary. They held up a bottle to me and were like, "ARE YOU DOWN FOR SOME, BABE" and I just laughed and declined and they were like, "ALRIGHT ALRIGHT. YOU KEEP STUDYING OKAY")

I got back to the parking garage and something surged over me. The area was entirely empty and I was feeling great and renewed and empowered, so by this time, I just ran all the way to my car--whooping loudly and jumping to touch the ceiling along the way HAHAHAHA.
I'm hysterical.
Good night.♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates