Memebox Haul / I'm Tint Balm (Lovely Coral) Review

Friday, August 26, 2016

:'D Due to KCON's influence and my growing obsession with Korean skincare, I got my first order from Memebox (sadly pronounced me-me-box and not meme-box) this week~
Until the end of August, the code KCONXMEMEBOX will get you a 20% discount kekekeke

My new skincare goods are SO MUCH AESTHETIC.
So far I like them? I must say though that all three of these products feel thick on my face—which could be good or uncomfortable. I don't know to what exactly I can attribute it, but my skin has been a lot better this week! Yay! It could be a specific product(s), or the fact that I've added a few steps to my nightly skin routine. :D

SCINIC Pig Collagen Jelly Cream: Such an interesting texture, but I guess you should expect that from a product of..pig parts.... It reminds me of jello (makes sense 'cause gelatin), in that it's almost a semisolid when it sets... It's fascinating and I don't mind it. ^^ I'm using it as a sleeping pack.

SCINIC Hyaluronic Acid Ampoule 95: My first ampoule! And first time trying hyaluronic acid which is supposedly great for dry skin. Oh please oh please save my dry ass skin. I love that it comes with a dropper.

GOODAL Firming Camellia Water Oil: YOOOOOOOO THIS PACKAGING! The bottle is frosted glass, which makes it a pleasure to behold and touch. And it's a pump! I don't know how to categorize a "water oil" (it's neither watery nor oily; it's like a gel) so I treat it as essence. There's another GOODAL product I love, so I trust this.. Oh please oh please save my premature wrinkles.

I also bought this blackhead remover because...:'D isn't everyone curious as to how many blackheads they'll pull off their nose? It'll be interesting to try.

Lastly, I got the I'M MEME I'm Tint Balm (Lovely Coral) since I've been looking for more lip products that are moisturizing and have lasting color. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good!

It feels like lip balm, looks like lip gloss, and lasts like lip tint. ^^
That's.... 2 out of 3 of what I want LOL.


(My very pale bare lips... vs. ...After applying "I'm Tint Balm")
  
(After applying, facing light)

I thought the color was a lot more apparent looking in the mirror than how it turned out in pictures. ;v; It also looks extremely glossy.

(After 5.5 hours... vs. ... Bare lips)

It did pretty decently considering in those 5 and a half hours, I didn't reapply and I drank beverages. 8'D For such a moisturizing product, you'd think it'd all come off as soon as your lips touch anything. Certainly, I look healthier with it on, than after removing the color haha.


Pros:
  • TONS of moisture—how is that possible when it's an opaque solid before application....?
  • Color lasts surprisingly well! A huge plus!!
  • Looks fairly natural?
  • You don't have to touch it to apply it lol
  • Chic packaging~
  • Smells nice :D It reminds me of lychee candy.
      
Cons:
  • Looks really glossy and wet.... I guess some people like that, but my preference is a more subtle texture.
  • If you want color, it's not that convenient to apply. It takes tooooons of building layers upon layers. It may not look like it in pictures, but that was after applying countless, pressured swipes...
  • Doesn't look as natural as lip tints, but no big deal.
  • This one is totally subjective....... When I get coral lip products, I usually expect that it'll turn out too orange. And this certainly looks like it'd be orange; but once applied, it's very pink. A bit too pinkish for my taste.


Overall pretty happy with my purchases. Korean skincare is really fun... >A>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates