♪Now listening to: Yoona - Blossom

Saturday, August 6, 2016

Yoona of SNSD released a 3-track mini composed of remakes of Mandarin songs that she's been singing at her Chinese fanmeetings, and I really fucking love it. ;^;

An unpopular opinion, but I've really liked the tone of Yoona's singing voice for a while and always thought she was plenty capable behind the pretty-face reputation. I still find her CF song for Innisfree to be an adorable bop, and her somewhat recent duet with 10cm is pretty.

And for these sentimental Chinese ballads, her soft, smooth, sweet voice is completely perfect. ;;;; It's incredibly comforting and calming to listen to, and makes me feel like everything will be okay. Really hits the spot aaaaah.

When I first saw that Yoona sang Moon Represents My Heart (track 3), I freaked out because....this was literally the song of my toddlerhood. It's probably mostly because I was already in an unstable mood, but listening to it for the first time just moments ago, I got kind of overwhelmed and teared up.. ;_; It sounds uplifting but also melancholic, and nostalgic as fuck. When I was 3 or 4 years old, this was the first song that my mom taught me how to sing in Mandarin, which isn't the language of my household. I learned it pretty easily and adults complimented my pronunciation ;u;)9 It's probably because of having learned this song back then that as I grew up, I was never intimidated by learning songs in foreign languages and developed an interest in it. Fast forward to now, I'm always singing in Japanese and Korean, I know some Mandarin songs, and I've even sung in French. ^^

But I'm nowhere near the level of Yoona—her Mandarin pronunciation is shockingly naturally good, what the heck!! So much better than mine tbh. This goddess ♥



0:00 Red Bean
4:10 A Little Happiness
7:17 The Moon Represents My Heart

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates