KCON LA 2016

Thursday, August 4, 2016


Oh my god KCON this year was such a mess. I loved it soooo much last year that I pledged to try to go again in all coming years even if it was expensive, and THIS YEAR LET ME DOWN SO HARD. From as early as the stupid unfair ticket sale process (only a few of the sections were available to buy from?? AND they put you in a random place in line, not first-come-first serve), it was mostly stupid all the way through. Stupid needlessly long lines in which I spent most of my KCON waiting. Stupid things that were not clear or written wrongly or not written at all or not well thought-through or "I can't help you; go wait in that line instead," "I can't help you; you'll have to wait for my supervisor." So! many! things! went wrong! STUPID AS FUCK lack of screens during the concerts so unless you spent a shitload of money and were lucky enough to get the good tickets, you couldn't see anything! I've never been to a concert before that didn't have big screens so that people in the back could see. Who does that?! Fucking KCON!

Yo look at this panorama from the night I had better seats and see if you can spot the only screens.

But positive points!
I continue to adore all of the K-beauty access and information at the convention. Last year, Charlotte Cho (Sokoglam) and beautifymeeh's panel basically changed my life forever!!!! It taught me most of the things I know about skincare! I've been hooked on Korean skincare since, dedicated myself to a nightly skin routine, and it smoothed out my skin. *___* Plus all the products are well packaged and there's such a variety and it's pretty fun to be into LOL.

This year, my favorite panel was Aritaum's—I learned a lot about how to apply different products and the research behind the products, and the reps were so sweet! ;v; Chiisana and I visited their booth and one of the reps offered to give Chiisa a mini-makeover to test which BB cushion is her color. They used the same products demonstrated at the panel, and her skin looked better than ever, so I was persuaded to buy the Iope Bio Hydro Cream since I have dry skin ehe.. (And it came with nice free samples for expensive things *A*) So far, it's made my face look pretty moisturized!

I actually really liked how my skin looked on this day! I used the tips I learned from the panel kekeke

My favorite Aritaum product continues to be the Water Sliding Lip Tint though. It's the only Aritaum product Chiisa and I owned before this week, but it's both of our current favorite lip products, something we literally use everyday, and the only reason we decided to attend the panel LOL. It's seriously an awesome lip tint and it puzzles me as to why I never hear about it!!! We learned about and bought them for the first time in a store that was having a BOGO deal, so they were like $4.50 each or something. And this year we went back to that store just to get them again (although ours from last year haven't run out yet still!).

Anyway, all of the cosmetics promoters at the con were so very generous! Chiisa and I spent most of our [limited] convention time in the "Beauty Block" section of the expo hall. Most of the booths had giveaways so we participated in a handful of them, and sometimes the sponsors would go through everyone in line and give a free mask as a thank you for waiting!! Even with how little time we got to spend at the convention and not in lines, we've accumulated a good amount of free Korean skincare products LMAO.

ALL THE AWESOME FREE K-BEAUTY PRODUCTS I GOT WAAAAA

Another positive point was the cool concert line-up. I think the performances overall were pretty good but it was damn hard to tell when I couldn't see much. The energy was there though! It was still fun even though I was annoyed.

Saturday's line-up:

  • Lee Minho - Hello there surprise opening MC. Pretty cool to see such a huge hallyu star here!
  • I.O.I - I was looking forward to them the most! Probably because they're a temporary group so I really wanted to see them before their year of promotions is over. ^^ I was so disappointed that it was difficult to see. I wanted to be brutally slain by Chaeyeon's overwhelming goddess beauty in person. Chungha was the standout! Her English is so good and her singing was stronger than ever! She makes an appearance in a collab later..
  • DEAN - Holy fuck.. Chiisa, our male friend, and I all fell in love with this man. I did not know he was so charming and handsome and amazing at singing/belting.
  • GFRIEND - UMJI WAS SUCH A SHINING STAR. Precious bby had the loudest response from the audience and looked so happy! And this was BEFORE she launched into her entire MC in perfect-sounding English, like what the heck!! How are you so proficient?! They were solid performers as expected and Yuju's high notes are as perfect as they sound in recording.
  • Amber - She's so great!!! A great person in general and a great performer! I was impressed by her singing<3 And then in "Shake That Brass," Chungha from I.O.I came out as the guest feature and killed the high notes!
  • Turbo - Surprise performance yasss!!!! Kim Jongkook in the flesh! I'm sorry two other members of Turbo. Kim Jongkook sang "Lovable" and it was really sweet; it was the cutest I've ever seen him/// I could see his muscles even from my shitty seat lol.
  • Block B - Not my first time seeing them live, but I always enjoy them! They really know how to bring the hype and have fun :> Sadly Park Kyung wasn't there so no Park Kyung-Eunha duet for us..
  • SHINee - PERFECTION. Jeez. They are always freaking perfect. Taemin had a lot of belts and he slayed them all; I'm so proud! And Minho surprised me as a good singer....

Sunday's line-up:
  • Monsta X - So much energy! It's crazy how big they got, compared to when I saw them at last year's KCON right after they debuted. Good for them~
  • Twice - I like them a lot but their performance felt underwhelming to me :c Jihyo's always solid though, and Jungyeon impressed me. I can't freaking believe they performed "I Wanna Be A Star" when it's such a bad song. Mina speaking English!
  • ASTRO - I don't know much about them but they are cute genki boys!
  • Davichi - Their singing was expectedly beautiful! I'm happy they performed 8282, which is pretty old (I don't expect a lot of attendees to know it) but a great song.
  • Eric Nam - OH MY GAWD I love him even more now. He's such a wonderful singer and a wonderful person!! And then SURPRISEEE Amber showed up today too and they sang their duet "I Just Wanna" and it was beauty///
  • Girls' Generation-TTS - Goddesses! Unfortunately, Taeyeon's mic kept zoning out but we still got to hear her incredible belting ;u;
  • BTS - Holy shit, I've never heard such a loud booming audience before. It felt like literally everyone in the arena came for this group. My entire section stood up even though we had the worst seats all the way at the top, where sadly most people don't really get hyped. They were really good! I can't believe Jeon Jungkook is so young but so charming and charismatic and hilarious and I am but a weakhearted maiden.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates