A Precious Memory like a Bubble

Monday, September 24, 2012

You know that feeling.
When something happens in your life--something special and distinct such as being in an unfamiliar location or being around people you normally wouldn't be--and no matter how important it is, eventually it just feels like it never happened...

And you know I'm always thinking about #GeminiMeetUp. It's all I talk about, and whenever I'm feeling nostalgic over it, I come here and let some thoughts out. It's all I blog about and for that, I'm sorry. Those were the best 2.5 weeks of my life and yet sometimes I have to question if they really took place. Sometimes it feels like something I concocted in my head, something I wished for so hard that I dreamed about, then threw a blinding cloak over my head, and convinced myself that it was actually reality. A precious memory that's like a bubble--that might pop at any moment at the strike of reality.

While I've moved on in the sense that I don't drawl on daily about how much I miss them and how broken I was to be away from them, things always draw me back to those days. Certain events and objects are really powerful in invoking overwhelming memories. One example would be the rack  in my bathroom.
It was probably last week or so when I was in my car, driving home from work when suddenly Girl's Day's "Nothing Lasts Forever" played from my car CD. And I was hit by a cherished memory that had escaped my recollection until that moment: driving home on the second to last day of the trip (excluding the last day which was only airport good-bye time)... Because it was the last night that all of G5 would be sleeping under the same roof, there was an atmosphere of gloom hanging, no matter how optimistic we tried to be for each other's sake. Everything was coming to an end and it meant good-bye was soon AND THEN.. AND THEN DO YOU KNOW WHAT SONG COMES ON FROM MY CAR CD?
FREAKING GIRL'S DAY'S "NOTHING LASTS FOREVER" AND WE WERE LIKE, OH MY GOD MOST INAPPROPRIATE TIMING EVER and I still remember Ryan--who's always next to me in the passenger's seat as I drive--immediately reaching to change the song. While I couldn't see the faces of Mimi, Jay, and Chiisana who were all in the back seat, I think we all felt the same way. And now that I remember this event again, I can't stop thinking about it.
It's really strange to think that this memory wasn't fabricated by my delusion.

Anyway, this entire post was basically sparked by the fact that I just right now finished off the Aero chocolate bar that Jay and Ryan brought from Canada. And I realized that it's something that they once touched, something we all ate together, something we talked about, and something that wouldn't be here if they didn't come because Aero doesn't exist in the US. Suddenly it feels so strange, seeing physical evidence of the trip--a tangible trace of their long-gone presence.

Of course it hasn't even been that long. But it's been a long, busy, and tiring month, man. Feels like a year's already passed since then.

And now I need to go study.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates