Pump up the volume

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Nothing really important, as usual!

I had a project for my Sound class which required me to use my university's studio equipment and conduct a recorded interview, so after work today, I kidnapped a rock child.

[10:55:50 PM] Chiisana: we might as well script it.
[10:55:54 PM] Chiisana: and time it tonight
[10:55:54 PM] Chiisana: LOOOOL
[10:56:06 PM] Eva: oh god
[10:56:24 PM] Eva: "CHII DON'T FORGET TO TAKE A BREATH FOR 1.7 SECONDS RIGHT HERE. RIGHT. HERE."
[10:56:42 PM] Chiisana: YES MA'AM
[10:57:07 PM] Eva: omfg how dare you breathe for 1.8 whole seconds stop hoarding all the oxygen you air pig
[10:57:17 PM] Chiisana: NOW YOU DONE GONE AND RUINED THE WHOLE THING
[10:57:39 PM] Eva: UGH DO YOU SEE WHAT I HAVE TO WORK WITH
[10:58:06 PM] Chiisana: IKR
[10:58:10 PM] Chiisana: JUST SO UNCOOPERATIVE

[11:13:34 PM] Chiisana:
       [Monday, March 04, 2013 11:10 PM] Eva: <<< favorite pole?
  I mean, among all the poles I've come across, I'm not sure I could find a favorite..
[11:13:40 PM] Eva: ................STAHP
[11:13:55 PM] Chiisana: Maybe the North.
[11:14:00 PM] Eva: MI! WEO!!!!!!!!!
[11:15:19 PM] Chiisana:
       [Monday, March 04, 2013 11:10 PM] Eva: <<< favorite broadplay show?
  broadplays are great because they cover a broad variety of plays all in one show
[11:18:19 PM] Eva: http://puu.sh/2cpbG

Omg i hate her. (fyi if you don't get it: she's making fun of my typos ;n;)



Picture that she snuck of my hand. MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A RADIO DJ--

We got celebratory sushi afterwards! I thought my chopsticks were bad,
but.. LOOK AT HERS.....



The Korean girlgroup D-Unit made their comeback yesterday, and I have to say: their new album is HOT. And probably much thanks to the fact that it was produced by the brilliant Zico of Block B. I enjoyed a lot of D-Unit's stuff before--especially "I'm Missin' You"--and all of the members are talented as well as hardworking. They're a bit different because they hone a hip-hop style (and actually pull it off without seeming like tryhards), boasting toughness while still being feminine.

I JUST... THIS HITS ALL THE RIGHT POINTS WITH ME.
I've been craving hip-hop lately, and this satisfactorily fed my yearning appetite.

Recently, (other than Eric Nam's music which I'm surprisingly hooked on) I've been enjoying LeeSSang ft Yoojin's "Tears." Its contrasting elements just tie it together so well. TWO X's "Ring Marks" is also up there for me despite how much I dislike the main singer's voice. And I want to rap so badly :'c (Really shouldn't have done this that day though because I'm not supposed to be using my voice and I'm all grossly nasally and blah.)

ANYWHO. RIGHT NOW I'M SUPER ADDICTED TO D-UNIT'S "Stay Alive" (ft Vasco).

(Tumblr link in case the video goes down)

The first time around, I was like: "The hell is this? They're all rapping? With those high female voices?"
Second time: "THIS IS SO WANGSTER BUT I THINK I LIKE IT."
Third time: "Their rapping is actually not bad oh god I don't think I can stop -bobs head to the beat-"

I have sympathy because I'm also a high-voiced rapper. :c But I think they actually pull it off well LOL. My only real problem with the song is the repetition of the word "swag," which is slightly tryhard.

Another song on D-Unit's new album I'm liking is "Alone." It shows more of their singing sides, which is impressive because they're all INCREDIBLE dancers, and their performances are very dance-focused.
(Only have a tumblr link to "Alone" since it doesn't seem to be on youtube)


BADASSERY IN MY MUSIC, YES PLEASE.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates