The little things

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

that never leave your mind

Get out

I don't need little regrets that are nothing but trivialities clouding my head, making my blood boil in anger at myself for making mistakes or doing certain things, or anger at others for belittling me and thinking it's okay to treat me with condescending disdain when I am a person too--though not perfect--and not just one of your little hated "people," a word that you can sputter under a frustrated breath with so much arrogant contempt.

I don't want to be distracted by them

I don't want to dislike people or myself

And these dumb little regrets bite at me and gnaw at my self esteem

But they shouldn't even matter; it'll pass with time

Nobody will even remember. I myself won't remember. It's not a big deal. People forget.

Why do little things stand in the way of life's important things

Health and happiness lost in the process

What's the point of grades
I don't need them
I don't need to always stress out over them
Things don't always have to be spot perfect
Can't I just relax and let go of the anxiety and paranoia
Though it's rewarding, like the A+ on the exam I got back today. I'm proud.
And that shows too that even if I don't give 110%, I can still do it
But I wasn't born as a human being to slave over stupid scores that nobody really cares about

Comparing yourself to others
Fear about how others think of you
Caring about what's proper and perfect and expectations and how to act
Being sick of things and people
Feeling discouraged

Little things under a perpetual magnifying glass

Small matters fermenting in a brew of unrelenting thought process

They're bubbles that will eventually burst and cease to be
Why is so much time spent worrying about little things that don't matter

(IN THE MOOD FOR BLURBINGS BUT NO TIME TO ORGANIZE THOUGHTS)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates