My Prince, the Werewolf

Saturday, February 23, 2013

OKAY SO I JUST FINISHED MY LONG REVIEW POST ABOUT THE KOREAN MOVIE "A WEREWOLF BOY" and it doesn't stop there because there are certain things that I can't escape for weeks once I'm in their clutches. I want to tell the entire world because it's seriously such an impactful movie. ;A; There are such cute scenes between the protagonists, but the ending unexpectedly had me crying kind of hard. For some reason, some inexplicable undefinable kind of sorrow that doesn't necessarily feel sad at all lingers whenever I think about it. My heart was aching while I was writing that post, and I almost felt myself wanting to tear up as I wrote the synopsis. Even now, I can still feel it. ;__;

I RECOMMEND THE MOVIE THOUGH. IT'S SO GOOD.



My song for today is Park Boyoung's song for the OST for A Werewolf Boy called "My Prince." <3


(youtube video of the song here, but with no subtitles)

English translation by popgasa.com:
All night, I wait for the sun to rise out the window
Because when morning comes, I can meet that person
Thank you for holding my hand, thank you for looking into my eyes
Thank you, my prince that I've dreamed of, for appearing before me 
All day, I wait for the moon to rise in the sky
Because when night comes, I can talk to you
Don’t forget our promise, don’t forget our secrets
Don’t forget how my heart raced when you looked at me
It probably doesn't feel as sentimental to anyone who hasn't watched the film, but ALLLL THE FEEEELS. A significant scene in the movie is when Park Boyoung's character Suni plays the guitar and sings this song for Song Joongki's character Cheolsu; and it's really the moment when Cheolsu falls in love with her, and Suni realizes that she's affected by him.

The scene is really sweet because Suni's simple and childish lyrics really reflect how she hasn't gotten a chance to grow until now. She's always dreamed of companionship, and now her "prince" has really appeared in an unlikely form. :'D
And throughout the film, the guitar is a symbol of--not quite happiness but--peace, harmony, and understanding.

AWFUCK I SHIP IT

It's such a cute song.. ;w; I love it. Er, I-I imagine they caked on the reverb and had to melodyne a lot because Park Boyoung's an actress and not a singer. |D The whistling in the last part though HAHA. SO PITCHY WHY

Despite my "singing hiatus" (which I can't commit to because singing is what I need to do when I have a lot of feels ;; ), I couldn't resist trying to sing this song. Plus, I figured that it was a simple song that didn't need power or vibrato. BUT I DIDN'T REALIZE THE NOTES WERE THAT TERRIBLY LOW until I actually tried them myself. Park Boyoung, I admire your lower range!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates