Song for the Day

Sunday, February 17, 2013


Besweet's "Can't Stop"
^^ <3

I liked the MV but I didn't notice until recently why something about it always put me off. ;w; I wish it could've been done better.. Everything they put in there is really nice but the pacing, focus, colors don't match the softness of the song. I think that with these things, it could've been perfect and more aesthetically pleasing:
  • less contrast
  • maybe subtle filter to make the colors duller and more uniform (perhaps a sweet beige'ish tint)
  • less cutting from shot to shot, especially those awkward and fast-paced cuts
  • less focus because the images' sharpness doesn't match
  • slightly less movement and shakiness of the camera
  • more flooding and diffused, softer lighting
I learned in class that directors sometimes prefer using film over digital, and I thought that was really strange because digital quality is clearer and easier to work with--but now I'm seeing why there are instances where one might choose a softer and smoother look. -nodnod-

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates