#TeamNorcal @ AOD 2013

Saturday, February 16, 2013

We had a #TeamNorcal (aka youtubers from Northern California) party today, woooo!

I spent most of it with Chiisana because we decided to not buy a badge for AOD (an anime convention), so we couldn't access the activities the others were doing. We were pretty late because neither of us could figure out what to wear HAHAHAHAHA.

No but seriously, we were in a dilemma because:
1) San Francisco is cold
2) It's an anime convention so people will be either in cosplay or stylish Asian fashion
3) Thus we felt obliged to dress up a little by wearing a skirt or dress
4) But we're also very lazy people that rarely ever dress up
5) Not everything works with dark+thick leggings

AND I HAVE NO SENSE OF STYLE.. nor do I have much of a wardrobe, so figuring out how to wear a skirt while still being warm enough ASDLKFJLSDLA SO HARD. In the end, I settled on this. =v=)b


It looks weird/plain though.. :c Idk. I wish I knew how to/had items with which to accessorize. I really want a long black necklace, which would pop when I wear lighter colors like this!


So we hung out with Myst (mystraven), Karu (karufuruu), Carmen (iAnimePHr34k), Kura (Kuraiinu), and Zero (Zer0Skye). With the exception of Carmen who was with other friends at the time, we took purikura together, but I can't share since that's 4 out of 6 people with their faces censored. What's the point even LOLL

Myst was cosplaying as Venelope from Wreck It Ralph :D She was so cute, omgah.<333 Unfortunately, our height difference is so much that she's only my boyfriend height (as in my head fits snugly on her shoulder) when she's standing and I'm sitting...................

woooo unflattering pictures

My day consisted of having a delicious gelato crepe (aaaahhhh mocha chip gelato!! it's my favorite in the worlddddd), purikura, exploring Japantown's cute jewelry stores, overly expensive not-worth-it small strips of salmon sashimi with weird texture, and poking through Kinokuniya's hilarious books i.e. "How to Swear Around the World."

I'm quite delighted by the purchase I made today!! A necklace!!! 8D

super duper sucky picture from my webcam b/c I'm lazy
I REALLY LIKE IT. SOB. I've been really wanting to buy a long necklace (preferably black but this jaded gray's an improvement from my collection of ALL SILVER necklaces) AND I've always wanted a necklace with glasses on it. Plus, I loooove keys~! THIS WAS WORTH IT.

Actually, my only long'ish necklace at the moment is my Tsubasa Chronicle wing one that I wore today.... |D But the design looks normal enough that nobody will suspect it's an anime collector's item, right? kekekeke



One of the highlights of my day was the fact that Chiisana and I finally took purikura together--with just the two of us--for the first time despite having been best friends for so many years.

We both naturally have pretty bad luck, so when together, we're so synced that most things that could go wrong.. actually do. LOL. The top contender of the day (among many incidents) for "BEST SHIT THAT WENT WRONG FOR EVASANA" is when the purikura machine that we were using broke.
Basically, we had taken about 4-5 pictures and were on our last one of the set. Except the camera refused to capture anything? So we had to keep repeating that last picture over and over and over. Eventually, the staff SHUT DOWN the machine entirely and had to reboot it HAHA! Tbh, our pictures from that lost set turned out better than the second time, but it was quite an interesting and rare experience.

Idk why I bother putting these up since it's like I just took pictures by myself. =A= Dat censoring... WE LOVE THIS PURIKURA SO MUCH THOUGH. SO CUTE. The backgrounds are perfect alsdkfj ♥

this one's our personal favorite<3


While the purikura machine was down, we seized the opportunity of having very good lighting to snap a couple photos on my camera. xD The thing is that our background was just a green backdrop for greenscreening.

So I left the task of filling in a background to her.

This is what she sent me:
Eva and Chiisana bravely exploring the streets of Seoul together.JPG
Eva and Chiisana having tons of fun at Yonghwa's concert!.JPG
Eva and Chiisana on the set of Flower Boy Next Door with Yoon Siyoon and Park Shinhye!.JPG

I fucking can't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates