Crossing Bays

Thursday, January 2, 2014

On the night of New Year's Eve, I left the #NYA (Norcal Youtube Alliance) house party to pick up Fome from the airport and bring him back to everyone else. I missed all the countdowns and I spent midnight sitting alone in a scarily empty baggage claim. And I don't mind one bit. I'm so glad that I went.

To get to the airport, I had to drive across a bridge in order to cross the bay and reach San Francisco. It was my first time ever being on that bridge in my memory, there was no traffic, and it was absolutely the most exhilarating experience ever.

In that moment, there was only me, my car, my music, the ocean surrounding me, and the twinkling city lights splashed upon the hills of San Francisco ahead of me. It was magical.

I feel renewed. For symbolic reasons related to that drive, I feel like I'm now rightfully living for myself and no longer for others. New Year's Eve--and I've crossed the bridge and won't look back.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates