Let It Go (Korean) cover!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It’s just a short cover, but I finally finished one of this song yaaay~ Been wanting to sing this (and I did start recording the English version but dropped it) since seeing the movie during Thanksgiving weekend. It’s soooo much fun to sing! Just that the chorus is too high for me. ;n; But my range is slowly expanding I think.. I didn’t think I’d be able to reach that 4th “let it go!” and then it happened. 8D

It was nice getting to try out a colder-sounding voice to match the song, since I don’t get to use it often. xD I want to sing like this more since I often have to instead try to sweeten my cold voice, like in Tonight. So fun to try to bring out a darker tone while still being a bit airy, and retaining a hint of the scratchy style that Hyorin uses.

It’s just too bad that Let It Go has been labelled so much by the vocaloid-covering community as a “bandwagon song,” so now my cover is just one among a sea of endless, endless dang covers of this song sung by even people that haven’t seen the movie. I guess I can’t blame them ‘cause it’s a great song. (Hey, at least mine's in a different language if that counts for anything ?!?!)

Like I’ve said over and over, both the movie and the song are very special to me. ;v; Looking back, I might even call Frozen—and this is a total overstatement—“lifechanging” for me. It wasn’t quite the movie itself, but what it provoked, inspired, led me to question and resolve, and its comforting, uplifting qualities.




【Cover】 Let It Go (Korean ver) 【Eva】

Warning: The movie hasn't been released in Korea yet, so I took the lyrics from Hyorin's rendition (of Demi Lovato's version) and tried to fit them into the Idina Menzel version of the song. Thus, I'm not entirely sure on the melody and rhythm since the versions are pretty different.
Also, I made up the "nan kwenchanha" (I'm okay) line in the chorus because there's no equivalent of "Let the storm rage on" in Hyorin's version LOL.

Frozen holds a very special place in my heart and this song in particular helped me through some rough times, so I had to pay tribute to it. :)

EVEN THOUGH I'M VERY VERY MUCH AN ALTO SORRY if you were looking for belting, you came to the wrong cover ;;

Frozen (겨울왕국) is released in Korea on January 16th, 2014!

Romanized lyrics: http://bit.ly/1cQO4Ys
Clips in the video are from Hyorin's MV

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates