Hello Winter!

Friday, December 13, 2013

While driving home from work today, "Goodbye Summer" by f(x) and EXO's D.O came on, and instead of crying and yearning, I was wondering why I now felt so comfortable hearing the song. I wrote this just a few weeks ago about the song and my feelings related to it, and back then I was not so okay.

I think some people are really done with my obsession with Disney's new princess flick, Frozen LOL. It's k. I've kind of overdone it, and in a very outward way. I REALLY LIKE IT OKAY SOB...

But Frozen holds a really special place in my heart. ;u; Not just because I love Disney and I love princesses, water/ice, the color blue, the songs, the characters, the characters' voices and their singing.

I wrote in my post Meltworthy.. that it's not exactly that I can relate with the movie or its characters, yet somehow it reaches out to me and sticks with me in a positive way.
Some things really resonate with me and push the right emotional buttons, whether it be bringing a huge grin across my face or forcing me to confront certain unpleasant emotions and then growing stronger from it.

The song "Let It Go" by Idina Menzel, in particular, has been making a huge impact on me. (The instrumental for better appreciation of the ramble I'm about to embark on.)

I love the way the song is structured, in that it starts out sounding hopeless with simply some piano in a disheartening-sounding minor, then with every single transition into a new part of the song, there's an refreshing element that makes you feel elevated. There are parts where you pull back and then all those magnificent build-ups, and it's led really well with the enchanting sound of the piano and later on, majestic strings. IT'S SO MAGICAL AND UPLIFTING. And then the way the lyrics go from dejection to acceptance. I love listening to this song as it makes me feel stronger and prouder. It's also terribly fun to sing even if the chorus and my vocal range look at each other and go, "nope."

In a way, it kind of threw me in the cold and forced me to deal with it and acknowledge that it's no longer summer and figure out that THE COLD DOESN'T BOTHER ME ANYWAY and that I'm now ready to "let it go" and embrace the new season! Let the winter rage on because I can fucking keep myself warm just fine and I'm free to feel however I want, thank you very damn much!!

As Anna and Hans sing in "Love is an Open Door": Say goodbye to the pain of the past!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates