Halloween

Friday, November 9, 2012

(-Written mostly on Tuesday, November 6th-)
At work atm. xD Just wanted to blog a bit about Halloween and school, I guess.

T'was a very mortifying Halloween last Wednesday. Had 3 midterms that day on 1 hour of sleep so woooo, free zombie costume.

On the drive to school, I pass by an elementary school and it was SUCH a pleasant, endearing sight to see the courtyard full of children decked out in costumes playing together for recess. ;u; I saw a couple of Snow Whites playing together; it was really cute. xD It makes me happy that girls are still not only dressing up as princesses, but still can appreciate the older, classic, not very favored princesses like Snow White. (not-very-fun fact: I was Snow White for Halloween in 1st grade. :D Then Ariel in 4th grade and Mulan in 5th.)

Makes me pretty happy that children are even dressing up at all. ^^ Honestly it feels like this generation's getting less and less spirited. People are more stingily concerned about money than ever and not so concerned about "fun," so I would've expected more parents to slam the door against buying a silly costume.
Also on my way to my evening class, I saw kids trick-or-treating ;v; I was stopped at a light when I turned and saw little, tiny kids giving out candy to other little, tiny kids ASLDKF it was the most endearing sight~

Anyway, my midterms went well imo. ;D Studying, as always, was really worth it. Felt pretty confident about all 3 of them even though that was a LOT of information to retain just for one day.
That Friday, I had a speech for Argumentation and Advocacy ; ~ ; alskdfjsdklfj speeches.... Considering I had 3 midterms on Wednesday--one of which was for the evening class--and I worked on Thursday for 9 hours (spent my very short lunch break trying to work on the speech and had to work overtime too) then also had to do an assignment after getting home.... I only got to start practicing my 4-5 minute speech Thursday night at 10 PM..... =___=

Slept 2 hours that night and I was shaking really hard but I think I did okay on the speech! Pretty good for a person who's incapable of holding casual conversations and rated public speaking as "near death" for the class's introductory activity. I'M JUST HAPPY IT'S OVER :D

I found out yesterday that I actually got 112% on my anthropology midterm. LOOOOOOL WHUT.. Under those circumstances?! REALLY? (I can't believe the class average was still only in the 80's despite all of the possible extra credit.)
I'm sorry but my ego is soaring HAHAHAHAHA and there is no guilt in sight because I worked hard as fuck for that. 0:DDD

My anthropology teacher must hate me because despite my unintended drifting off in almost every class session this semester (exceptions being the first day or two, midterm days, and this one random day we watched videos on really adorable chimpanzees), I got 114% on the first midterm, 112% on the second midterm, and 100% on the research paper w/ no notes of critique. Uhoohooo~
Somebody stop my swelling ego before I float off into oblivion. /slapped

But yeah, after I finished my 3rd midterm which was for my evening class, my teacher let us go early so we could go party. xD My parents were out because they didn't want to deal with trick-or-treaters =_=;;;; so I met up with them at a mall. There were so many kids in costumes trying to trick-or-treat at the mall! And it was SO SAD because the majority of the stores had signs that wrote, "SORRY NO CANDY. Happy Halloween!" and it's just like duuuuuuuuuude wtf that's like saying, "Hey sorry for breaking your heart. Have a great day!"

I felt really bad for all the kids with empty buckets so I actually dug into my backpack--in which I ALWAYS keep candy (in attempt to keep myself awake in class, for headaches, to keep my tummy from rumbling in class, etc)--and kept all the candy I could find in my hands, in case there was an opportunity for me to offer it to desperate kids. But most of them clung to their parents, so I wasn't able to approach anyone without seeming like a creeper LOL.

Next Halloween, I'm thinking.. if I'm not too busy.. I might go to a mall, walk around with a bucket of candy, and donate to all the poor kids that're missing out on the experience of gathering Halloween candy, that aren't getting any hospitality from the corporate minds that won't share a bit of what might bring some joy. 8D I think that would be really fun! I'd feel like Santa Claus!!!



All this aside, I know the Halloween spirit's long passed, BUT MY LOVELY FRIENDS OVER IN THE GROUP Parefura (Palette's Fragment) have recently released a new upload: a Halloween special!



【Happy★Halloween】ペテン師が笑う頃に【PareFura】
(user/PalettesFragment)

Vocals:
Chiika (Pink) || ‪http://www.youtube.com/user/SymphonicTears
Xephy (Green) || ‪http://www.youtube.com/user/Xephy13
Mari (Navy Blue) || ‪http://www.youtube.com/user/ruukai
Ian (Teal) || ‪http://www.youtube.com/user/Kyosukexp
Chiisana (Light Blue) || ‪http://www.youtube.com/user/ChiisanaChanx3
Mango (Orange) || ‪http://www.youtube.com/user/Mangekyox3
Ryan (Red) || ‪http://www.youtube.com/user/RyanEatPho
Holi (Purple) || ‪http://www.youtube.com/user/xholicable

「ペテン師が笑う頃に」/ "Petenshi ga Warau Koro ni" / "When the Crooks Laugh"

Composer: 梨本P (Nashimoto-P)
Original Singer: Hatsune Miku
Original: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7021921

Illustrations:

Capumuffin (Chibis, symbols, body linear for faces at end) http://capumuffin.deviantart.com
Chiika (colored and edited faces at end)

Script: Ryan, Mari

Harmonies: Ryan, Chiisana, & Mari
Animation: ******
Video Rendering: Saint (http://www.youtube.com/user/xkouchan)
Mixing: Chiisana, Ryan, & Eva


Another reason as to why I get to be Parefura's approved official biggest fan:
I get to work with their raw vocals.
Yes, suck on that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates