UtaProm12 + tofebruary

Sunday, November 11, 2012

(Written some days ago but I held this one back because I kept piling on blog posts, oops.)
I was totally supposed to blog this right after UtaProm12, but right after that weekend, I went straight into my week and a half of academic hell so here it is now LOL.

YEAH. So October 28th, 2012 was the very first UtaProm or prom for the twitter users of the YouTube-based vocaloid covering/fan community.
It's explained here in Niiro's proposal of the event. xD

Honestly I didn't really care for having a date or not LOL I wanted to participate because it was a fun excuse to dress up and see others in formalwear. :D It was an enjoyable event that united many people; frankly, I don't see why some certain folks made so much drama over it and over little trivial matters. In any case, I believe that it was a great idea and hope to see another similar event next year. ^^

Ummmmmmmm yeah awkward but this was my tweet HAHAHA

"I brought a whole bag of dates to!"

THIS SOUNDS A LITTLE VAIN BUT I HONESTLY DID NOT EXPECT TO GARNER SO MUCH ATTENTION.......... All those retweets, favorites, and even kind replies of flattery from friends and strangers alike, oh my goddddd ;///A///;
(I wouldn't exactly consider myself a "popular" person on twitter at all, and I would've been shocked and flattered to even have--I don't know--2 or 3 retweets/favorites..?
But holy fuck. 9 retweets, 18 favorites, 11 tweets of kindness. My god. What the fuck? People are too nice. I appreciate it deeply but am also taken aback. Let me just go casually hide.)

Thing is that I didn't know if we had any dates so I went digging around the cupboards that day after my parents went out. If anything, I would've tweeted something like, "I couldn't find any dates, so I brought prunes to #UtaProm12!" LOLOLOLOL. Because honestly I think my picture would've been rather boring/not very outstanding without a joke and so I REALLY wanted to incorporate one. ;u; I would've felt awkward/overly self conscious if the focus was entirely on me and the dress. AND THEN I ACTUALLY FOUND A BAG OF DRIED DATES. |'DDDDDDDDDDD;;; Hallelujah! I'm so lame omgah.


After taking this picture, I actually spent the rest of the day studying for my midterms in the upcoming week, but a lot of people wanted to webcam and I also didn't want to sit around in such a formal, uncomfortable dress (which I wore to my actual senior prom). So I changed into a more casual one. :'D

(lol it looks like pajamas in this pic)

This I ordered from tofebruary.com and I was actually planning to blog about my 2-piece tofebruary mini-haul (because I get excited easily over purchases), and this just makes the perfect segway LOL.

I REALLY LIKE TOFEBRUARY. It's the cutest website with the cutest things and really cheap shipping. I don't pay any particular attention to the clothes other than the dresses because they're too cutesy for my style, but the jewelry especially is adorable and captivating. :D T-they seem rather fitting as perfect adorable couple jewelry ;v;)/
Even the receipt that came with the package is adorable as hell and there's a handwritten "Thank you! ღ" in super cute handwriting eeee.

Mostly I enjoy browsing the site because fuwa fuwas but then one day (lol prior to daddy's unemployment) I was like OKAY, I WORK REALLY HARD IN GENERAL, AND I DEDICATE A LOT OF TIME TO MY JOB, AND LIFE SUCKS, AND I'M NOT WORKING FOR THE MONEY, AND I HAVE MORE MONEY THAN I ACTUALLY NEED........... so I should spend it once in a while. Also I'm still going through this phase of being obsessed with dresses.

And I really liked the dress so I bought it on impulse :DDD;;;;;;;;
I'm disappointed though because it looks as though the black halter is attached to the dress but it's actually not. ಠ___ಠ So misleading, wao ide. But s'k 'cause I have a black laced cami.

The other thing I bought was this bracelet BECAUSE I KIND OF WANTED TO TRY HAVING MORE CUTE CHUNKY BRACELETS. 8D


I don't own many accessories because I'm plain to the bone in both personality and appearance, but one of my favorite items--which prompted my desire for more cute chunky bracelets--has got to be this bracelet that I got to pick out for free from spending a certain amount at.. I don't remember what store LOL OTL. Have to admit though that its beauty partially stems from the fact that it was free HAHAHA. /asian
I-i-it's so cute though ;3; ♥


I keep it in my Disney Princess treasure box (shown at this angle BECAUSE ARIEL<3) along with the heart/ribbon bracelet, my Super Junior (BECAUSE I'M A PROUD ELF) wristband, and my friendship bracelet with Yanovi, Myst, and Chiisana which was a gift to all of us from Yanovi. ♥♥♥


[I get really excited over any and everything I buy/own because I'm a loser who's not used to relatively pretty things and rarely orders things online ufufufu.]




Uh yeah I actually took a LOT of pictures (.........82 to be exact o3o;;) for UtaProm because I suck at taking selcas and most of them turned out too awkward for use. Also because I changed out of the dress right away after camwhoring. xD;; But I only ever shared 1 out of the 82 LOLL.. so I figure I might as well camwhore photospam since these are just sitting on my computer collecting cyberdust.

How I really feel about my dates.

Awks bathroom mirror.

This one was really for Chii.
(LAWL you can see the barbeque sauce stain that I acquired during my senior prom because I am an uncivilized monster of a female)
The rest of them... just kind of all look the same LOL. Me, the mirror in my room, a bag of dried dates, and an awkward smile. I'll spare you those.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates