I See the Light (Duet)

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I uploaded a video for the first time since January!


【Duet】 I See the Light 【Eva &     】

[I recommend that you start from 2:00 or at least give that a chance before clicking the back button.]

Last March, I was asked for a duet by a very talented individual whom I'd admired for a while from afar—somebody that I'm sure many recognize and miss. Thank you for this opportunity of the greatest honor and sorry that this has been delayed for so many months because of me.
祝你生日快乐 & 祝你好运! :D

Originally performed by: Mandy Moore & Zachary Levi ("Tangled" OST)
Illustration: Fanart by Jakuroi
MP3 download: https://www.box.com/s/d210i5gk4w7vuk6ts5nl

Thank you to ChiisanaChanx3 for assisting with EQ aka saving my incompetent ass ♥
Thank you to mystraven for choosing a font for me so I could rush this crummy video after realizing I needed to upload ASAP ehehehe;;;

It's been 10 months since my last upload!! Unless I produce some random short cover while procrastinating during finals, my next upload probably won't be for a while. Nevertheless, thank you to those who have shown me support and kindness. ^^
o right and happy thanksgiving wow i really need to pack 'cause leaving for LA in 5 hours and i've been doing this instead herp


This duet really holds a lot of meaning for me. It's not exactly a SECRET but because I was asked to not credit him, I'll respect that and won't mention the name of my duet partner in this post. ^^ (Although if you've been around the vocaloid scene, for many, it's pretty obvious~)

I'm really grateful to him though. I was presented TWO opportunities of great honor actually: a duet and a friendship--neither of which I would've ever had the courage to .. pursue? ask for? Even though I looked up to him a lot and could only ever dream of those things.
Asking me to this duet was really the first time I actually had a real conversation with him and it was what led to us becoming friends. ;w; Honestly, I would've never expected us to become friends, and I'm very lucky because he's overall a very friendly, sweet, and AMAZING person whose company I appreciate.

I'm also really late. 8 months late to be exact. But even though it takes me a long time, I always get things done. I don't forget promises. Of course I had to prioritize other things (school, work, birthday choruses, sleep) over this, but I NEVER forgot about this duet for even a second. The immense amount of guilt I carried towards him in those 8 months..................... OTL;;;;; His lines were DONE in March (which is incredible because I've heard that he's often late with lines? haha) and I kept being able to do nothing but apologize... Then I finally finished my lines around the end of August/early September. By then, he had to "graduate" from the community and from being a utaite, and so I was left with the task of mixing it. I basically had no time to work on it until the past few weeks LOL I procrastinated doing homework to redo some of my parts.. other times to work on the mix..
Finally, last night =v= I had to stay up til almost 5 AM because that was the final push required to get this done. AND NOW IT'S DONE YAAAAY AND THAT'S THE TL;DR STORY OF THIS VIDEO

I'm sure a lot of people miss him ;v; and miss his voice. This video might be a little surprising for some people who didn't expect to hear much of his voice again. INVOKING AAAALLLLLL THE FEELS. /o/



On an unrelated note, I'm in LA right now for Thanksgiving! (We left at 8 AM.. so 3 hours of sleep even though it's vacation, woooooo. 8DD;;;;;)
Very excited because I'm meeting up with Ian, Andy, and Bern on Saturday!!


Eva @waterpixieva
If there's a drink called Icy Delight, I'm gonna buy it and when my order finally comes, I'mma burst into, "AND AT LAST ICY DELIIIIIGHT"

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Honestly, I find your voice very enthralling. I think it’s small, yet very soulful. I love your rendition of this song. I think it is very angelic. Your voice blends well with your duet partner’s vocals. I honestly think that both of you guys go very well together. Kudos on this one! :)
    Edward Petersen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a heartwarming comment!! I'm flattered!

      Delete

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates