I Miss You cont.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

This isn't the most appropriate place to be writing this but since I wrote my I Miss You drama post here before, I figure I might as well continue. It's k even if no one cares 'cause I'm writing this simply because I feel like it.

I don't remember if I recommended the drama... but uh, don't watch it. HAHAHA. It's not worth it. If you must, do what I did and watch up until the transition from childhood to adulthood (the first 6 episodes) because the protagonists' past together is actually really cute and heartwrenching. ;///;

But although I swore off watching the drama after that, I still kept tabs on it via episode recaps because I was interested in how the plot would play out and how the grown up characters would develop. I wanted to see how a guilty Jungwoo and scarred Sooyeon could fall in love again.

At first, the new turn of events was disconcerting to me--disregarding my paled interest in the adult cast in comparison to the kids--because of the changes of character. It scared and disturbed me.. that the innocent little Lee Sooyeon could be reborn spiteful, cunning, with eyes rimmed with desire for revenge. It's painfully realistic, and I rejected this notion.

Except then after like lol one episode or so, Sooyeon became neither innocent nor vengeful; her character plunged into some whiny, mopey, indecisive damsel-in-distress that cries 35438 times per episode, and the plotline kept falling and falling and falling out of salvation. Poof.
Now it's the narrative that's making me go, "STAY AWAY HIDE YO CHILDREN THIS DRAMA AIN'T WORTH IT."

And I'm bringing this series back up again because I just checked one of my newfound favorite websites, A Koala's Playground, and was greeted with a new post about I Miss You--much to my cynicism-based delight.

http://koalasplayground.com/2013/01/08/catching-up-with-missing-you-as-of-episode-17/

Oh my gosh, I laugh so hard at this because of how ridiculous the narrative has become, and because I fucking love Koala's take on everything. I love hearing all this through the mouth (eh, fingers) of another sarcastic person, whose lighthearted contempt but brilliant sarcasm sparkles even more so than my own. She sometimes comes up with the most ingeniously sadistic, evil things that I so wish I could have.

I will read anything Koala writes whether or not the subject perks my interests, and my thriving appetite for creative, vivid writing will swallow it up in a slow gulp of mental satisfaction. Hnnng a writing style like this is so hard to come by.
If I could marry a writing style, I'd be half out the door searching for a 17-carat rock right now.

Recently, I've been really enjoying Koala's drama episode recaps because I get to follow narrative and character developments without having to actually spend time watching the drama, or dealing with overly sad or scary parts LOL. That might just be me being lazy, but there are certain series whose premises only fascinate me to a lacking extent. But in any case, they're written very well and thoroughly, with a nice spankin' sarcasm-driven opinion to boot.


My interest in dramas has grown significantly as of late--partially the fault of Koala and all of the fabulous year-end summary reviews on Dramabeans--along with a focus on and taste for narrative structure. I'm currently watching Cheongdamdong Alice (it's pretty good but a few episodes, including the first 2, are dry so I just read recaps) and planning to start Flower Boy Next Door (it seems like a whimsical distraction).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates