Tuesday, January 8, 2013

You chose your pride over the safety of your own daughter.

And you know, she wouldn't have asked you if it weren't really serious.
I hate to toot my own horn (pun very intended), but while my driving is scary, I do trust myself as a sensible and sensitive driver. Ever since I've been licensed a year and a half ago, I've been extremely self-sufficient when it comes to transporting myself. I only ask for this once in a blue moon. I generally don't want to inconvenience you. I don't want to inconvenience my boss for asking to leave early either. And it's not like I want to leave my precious car at work anyway.
If you honestly just weren't able to come, I would understand.

And you'll never know that your own daughter was stroking her own head while driving herself home--and telling herself that she's actually the luckiest girl in the world because her boss let her leave--to comfort and stop herself from crying, because the vision-obstructing tears were making driving even more dangerous.

So I drove in the slow lane on the freeway, deliberately took the "safe" route, and was that obnoxious car that waited even for a faraway car to pass before turning the corner, and I got my ass safely home. My electric blanket warming up my bed, and I just wanted to let out my blaring anger before it makes my fever worse. That's it for me for the day; good night.

And yes, I pat my own head when I'm really sad because it's not like anyone else is going to for me, and tall people usually don't receive those kinds of things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates