Mochido

Monday, May 13, 2013

Last Saturday, the 11th was the birthday of my best friend of 7(?) years, Chiisana!
Coincidentally, it was a day when Myst and Yanovi were both free, so #TeamSiliconValley had a full 4-lady hangout ^^

the friggin birthday girl

We headed over to Mitsuwa, the Japanese marketplace, to have lunch.

real thing vs. Myst's "Poppin Cookin" nigiri-shaped set

Because we're us, as usual.. there is sashimi involved.
And we got legit ramen!
We actually don't eat that much though so this was enough to fill all four of us. xD


Dessert was what I was most excited for, though!!

I've seen pictures of Mochicream on tumblr and was really looking forward to trying the Mochido or mochi donut, because I like both mochi and donuts. :D

UGHHHH LOOK HOW CUTE EVERYTHING LOOKS
Display of "cafe au lait" mochido
cakes that I can't actually name!

Naturally, I bought one of the cafe au lait mochidos because it's coffee with a chocolate shell <3
Er. Maybe it's because it was frozen (I had to wait 20 minutes before eating it) but it definitely doesn't look as good as the display LOL.

Well in general, I learned that it wasn't nearly as good as it looks and sounds. The thought of a mochi donut was so appealing and cute but the real thing wasn't that great.. orz It was like a weird red bean texture (and kind of taste) with cream (which I don't like) inside. The chocolate shell and white chocolate chunks were just too hard and unnecessary, slightly clashing with the rest of the taste and making it difficult to eat. Kind of disappointing, but hey, it was a fun day and I was with good company.♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates