I hate how one-track life is.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

They say you have a choice; they say that you can achieve anything.
Then they give you a formula to follow--a mold to conform to, and if you're not shaped to fit, then you're out.

The definition of 'success' has become so dangerously narrow that all paths to it have been consolidated into a single ladder.

And to reach this success, college is a necessary stepping stone; take a stride off and you drown by the gruesome hands of societal expectations and pressures. Because it's the only acceptable course.

The truth? I wish I could drop out.
I can't handle college. Sure, I have straight A's and my education is going "well" (from a shallow angle), but at what expense? My sense of ambition, my motivation to do anything, any kind of passion, peace of mind, my certainty that life is even worth it.
But even if I did, there's nothing I could do, because there are no options other than going to college right now--a fact that I abhor.

People grow at different paces, and some just aren't meant for certain things. I wasn't ready at 17-18 like most everybody around me was, when they demand answers you've never gotten a chance to develop, then shame you for ignorance and ambivalence.
How can you be expected to know the entire path ahead of you when you're a tadpole that's only made its first terrestrial leap?

I predict that in 25 years, the world will find itself overseeing universal midlife crisis, attributed to the fact that our generation is so pressed to decide the rest of their lives and know exactly which career path to take--straight out of youth and within a year or two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 la la la la~ Ebah's world ♥ | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates